Re: Unusual thought for the day.

Golf--Just socked after 3 years of lessions

Blow glass--Too dangerous--clumsy

Quilt--Not great hands, either.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Fence. I'd love to have learned to fence.

Me too. Signed up for a class once but then it was cancelled. 

I sometimes watch a bit of it online. 

I took fencing classes for a while in college. I thought it was going to be fun taking the en guard stance, touche and sparring. It's actually a serious sport and difficult to master. The swords are very heavy and unwieldy. I doubtedt I would ever be skillful so I went back to playing tennis

Valued Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I've never been able to whistle.  How hard should that be?

I can whistle but only when I inhale. I cannot whistle while exhaling!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha wrote:

I would love to be a good athlete...even adequate.

My family, including children and grandchildren are all exceptional athletes.  My children played their sports on the college level with scholarships and my grandchildren are headed the same way.

I have been teased for years about my obvious lack of ability.  My family would even choose me last in a "school yard pick."

@Mersha It was the same for me as well.  My classmates cheered when I crossed the finish line during a race, made it over the high jump or was finally able to do a handstand against the wall in PE.  But I am an extremely good bowler now (my parents bought a bowling alley after they retired so I had lots of practice) and I have become quite the ping pong player during SIP with DH and my kids.

Respected Contributor

@Linmo  With the ping pong and bowling you are doing far better than me.

During gym class or playing outside, I was always the last one chosen for a team. Smiley Sad  I had no athletic abilities whatsoever.

I guess we all have our own skillset and that is certainly not mine. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

Sing.   Even my grandchildren did not want me to sing Happy Birthday to them!  I sing loudly in the car when I am by myself!

You are like me.I made the dog howl and was told to only mouth it in music class at school.I love to sing though and will continue as long as I have lungs.We should sing a duet someday...I would love that lol.

Didn't Andy in Mayberry, tell Barney to sing lower?  They stood him back so far from the mike, and someone else sang for him (hidden of course).  In the choir episode.

Respected Contributor

Learn foreign languages

Ride a bicycle

Have a beautiful figure and face. I'm ok but I was heavy as a kid and I so envied other girls who had great figures and knew how to apply makeup to show themselves off to their best advantage. 

Be popular, with both sexes. I had friends but ... well, I wasn't in with the in crowd

Have perfect teeth

Honored Contributor

Learn Sign language, American a Sign and Signed English. I've tried, but it's hard to learn because the teachers face you and you have to reverse what you see in order to do it. If the teacher were to stand behind you with their arms over your head and placed in front of you, it would be much easier to recreate the signs. 🤘🏼

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Learn Sign language, American a Sign and Signed English. I've tried, but it's hard to learn because the teachers face you and you have to reverse what you see in order to do it. If the teacher were to stand behind you with their arms over your head and placed in front of you, it would be much easier to recreate the signs. 🤘🏼

@Mindy D   Have you tried books at the library (when open) or ordered any?  That might work better for you from what you said here.