Respected Contributor

Re: Unusual thought for the day.

I can't manage conflicts well and I can't learn Japanese.

Honored Contributor

I eagerly started to school at 5 years old thinking I was going there to learn to sing and dance.   A week in, I hadn’t learned either one, so I was very upset and didn’t want to go anymore!   I had hope in 2nd grade, as there was a piano in the classroom, and we did sing.  Same teacher, same room for 3rd grade; we were still singing, and there were actually rules for singing, so I was learning, and pretty satisfied.   

By 4th grade I had long given up on the dancing, but then square dancing came along in 7th grade, and I was really happy then!   Singing, and then dancing, with boys, school was great!   Dancing lasted 2 years, choir for 3, and by then I had other interests to get me thru till graduation.  

I do wish I’d learned to swim, but have a great fear of water.  

Esteemed Contributor

another non-swimmer here

can't sing (but I do!)

can't hula hoop

never wanted to do winter sports

Respected Contributor

Fence. I'd love to have learned to fence.

Trusted Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I've never been able to whistle.  How hard should that be?

I always had trouble whistling too until a few months ago when I asked my dentist if anything could be done to even out my lower front teeth which were crooked and have bothered me my entire adult life.  He slightly ground down the top of one tooth to be on level with the others.  Lo and behold  I can whistle now.  And I'm pretty darn good at it too!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Fence. I'd love to have learned to fence.

Me too. Signed up for a class once but then it was cancelled. 

I sometimes watch a bit of it online. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Sing.   Even my grandchildren did not want me to sing Happy Birthday to them!  I sing loudly in the car when I am by myself!

You are like me.I made the dog howl and was told to only mouth it in music class at school.I love to sing though and will continue as long as I have lungs.We should sing a duet someday...I would love that lol.

Honored Contributor

Sing.

I always mouthed the words in school. My voice was so low, and I just have an awful singing voice!

Trusted Contributor

One more non swimmer here.  And I live at the beach!

My parents (and aunts & uncles) were off the boat Italian, but I cannot speak the language.  And I've taken several adult ed classes at different times to learn.  And have been to Italy 3 times.  Yikes.

I have no sense of balance - cannot ice skate, rollerskate, barely walk a straight line.Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

i cant turn a cartwheel. My sister always did them with ease. I tried and tried through the years.....I just dont get how you do them.