Honored Contributor

Re: Unusual and extreme winter weather pattern predicted for Eastern U.S.

Yes, I see we're in the predicted affected area. Yeah for snow!

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

It seems some people have yet to notice radical climate change as predicted.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been running around all day with just a sweater on.   It’s 62 out.   Love it.   Every day without snow in Chicago is a bonus!!!

Honored Contributor

I have very little faith in weather forecasting. They can always tell you what it's doing while it's doing it and what it did after it's done it... And, of course, they increasingly like to comandeer the airwaves while a weather 'event' is going on, so they can send reporters out to, uh, report... from every nook and cranny... Frankly, if we finally get a cooler December in the mid-atlantic it'll be about time... I'm a little fed up with running around in shorts the week before Christmas... It's just not festive... November has been nice, cool with some mild days, so if we actually see winter in December, let's just say I'll believe it when I see it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

new word for me.., 

snowpocalypse

Thank you for posting the article. @novamc1.   I live on the east coast and will be interested in seeing how things develop!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

new word for me.., 

snowpocalypse

Thank you for posting the article. @novamc1.   I live on the east coast and will be interested in seeing how things develop!

I remember one of the rare blizzards in recent years was often referred to as 'snowmageddon'...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I don't know....but our Weatherman told us 2 weeks ago that we should put up any outdoor Christmas lights because it was going to be around freezing from then on.....today we are hitting 60 degrees..

Sometimes I just look out my window for the weather....LOL

@Nataliesgramma @stevieb

You are so right about just looking out the window for the weather because it seems the more technical gadgets these meteorologist have to predict the weather forecasts the more inaccurate they are---LOL!!!!   They not only have gadgets from the U.S. they even have a European computer model they use for predictions....what the heck does Europe know about South Texas Weather?????

Our meteorologist havent been right in so long it's pathetic........ 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I have very little faith in weather forecasting. They can always tell you what it's doing while it's doing it and what it did after it's done it... And, of course, they increasingly like to comandeer the airwaves while a weather 'event' is going on, so they can send reporters out to, uh, report... from every nook and cranny... Frankly, if we finally get a cooler December in the mid-atlantic it'll be about time... I'm a little fed up with running around in shorts the week before Christmas... It's just not festive... November has been nice, cool with some mild days, so if we actually see winter in December, let's just say I'll believe it when I see it...

@stevieb

Your right about them spending so long on what happened yesterday....I swear the only relevant thing is the one whether guys that shows interesting photos or videos of unique birds/animals that viewers have sent in........

And yes Id like an actual cooler December and a "real winter" for us too....we can only keep our fingers crossed too.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We did have an actual fall @Spurt but we've also had several warmer days and I was just expressing to someone that I hope we weren't seeing the start of the usual 'Christmas warmup'... Talk about Christmas in July... So many times it seems like that's what we get around here... Then, as soon as the holidays are over, it turns off at least a bit cooler... Meanwhile, you've suffered heat prostration while trying to get everything done in time for the Christmas holiday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

We did have an actual fall @Spurt but we've also had several warmer days and I was just expressing to someone that I hope we weren't seeing the start of the usual 'Christmas warmup'... Talk about Christmas in July... So many times it seems like that's what we get around here... Then, as soon as the holidays are over, it turns off at least a bit cooler... Meanwhile, you've suffered heat prostration while trying to get everything done in time for the Christmas holiday.

@stevieb

That's what we experience even here, and that was our fall too....while the weather morons love to talk about the days when we were/are a little below normal but it seems too warm to me.........I think most of the time they concentrate on the low temperature....and unless it gets to freezing I could care less --(now freezing I need to know to put my potted plants in the storage room) but the rest of time I'm inside and could careless how cold the middle of the night is,what's important  I need to know what the HIGH will be so I know what to wear......I dont want to wear a sweater because its 38 or 40 and then it heats up to 78 in the afternoon, which is too warm for long sleeves or sweaters!

Yep, January is when we get cooler or possibly ice storms which makes driving conditions impossible....people cant drive right when its sunny let alone when the roads are covered in ice.........