Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

Is is this a long time friendship @LilacTree?

That would matter to me as well 

I think.

I did lose a long time friendship a couple of years ago.  It was over 60 years.  That has had an effect on my life and totally different from the one I am referencing here.

This was a totally email relationship and I did like her until, as I said, I got sick of the constant lecturing.  As I said, she would intersperse her advices between statements of caring and it was confusing to me.

I would think then if it's all in writing that makes

it a better chance of misunderstandings.

I'd still try to let her know and not just cut

her off but that's just me.

I am not cutting her off, I wrote last and she did not respond.  Therefore, it is she who is cutting me off.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

You can always go with the old passive-aggressive "Thank you for your input."  

It tends to make the skin crawl.  Ouch.

On the other hand, you seem too lovely a person to sink to that level, @LilacTree.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

On the flip side, some people ask for advice but then get angry or ignore it when it's not what they want to hear. Food for thought.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I would let her go--let the friendship dissolve. You are much too nice of a lady to put up with that kind of treatment, she is not a friend.

Thank you for that, RetRN.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

On the flip side, some people ask for advice but then get angry or ignore it when it's not what they want to hear. Food for thought.

Your posts are good food for thought

as well @justmyopinion.

And welcome to the boards.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

I don't blame you for being annoyed.  This person may mean well, but sounds overbearing.  Many times, people know what they have to do to solve a problem - They  maybe just need a little encouragement.

Esteemed Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

This is very true.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

You can always go with the old passive-aggressive "Thank you for your input."  

It tends to make the skin crawl.  Ouch.

On the other hand, you seem too lovely a person to sink to that level, @LilacTree.

Thanks for saying that, Homegirl.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I don't blame you for being annoyed.  This person may mean well, but sounds overbearing.  Many times, people know what they have to do to solve a problem - They  maybe just need a little encouragement.

I think you hit the nail on the head LyndaGee!

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

This is very true.

Plus with all due respect we're hearing

just one side of this situation as well

and beating up on the friend.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••