New Contributor
The George Foreman spokeswoman put the lid of the grill on the floor then put it back on the grill with the food in it. Eewww gross! Is this practice prevalent when we are not looking?
Honored Contributor

LOL No telling what your eating and how it's been prepared when you go out to eat even in a fine restaurant. It's all a gamble.

Best you can do is keep up with the Health Dept. reviews in your paper under 'Inspection Reports'.

Honored Contributor

@LyzzAs long as the cooks in the restaurant where I'm going for dinner tonight don't do that, I'm okay.

Do people do that in real life where the food is actually going to be eaten?  I hope not, but I suspect lots of food on all sort of food shows, magazine shots, etc. is not fit for consumption for many reasons.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me.  The food is for demo purposes only.  No one has to eat it unless they want to) Most of the demo food is thrown out anyway.

I have seen worse.

Honored Contributor

My nephew ordered a meal in a bar.The meal came with a very stale recycled bun that included a message from a previous diner...apparently that diner scribbled a note about the staleness on a piece of napkin and tucked it into the bun.We never really know what we are getting unless we prepare it ourselves.

Super Contributor

I worked in the food industry my whole career. I’ve always known the rules. My DH and I are good friends with a couple we travel with and go to restaurants on a regular basis. Rarely do we cook or go to each other’s house. They invited us on the last 4th of July for a cookout. The steaks and burgers were put back on the same plate they were on before cooking. That is a huge no-no! I did not eat meat that day. I think a lot of people not in the food industry simply don’t know.

Honored Contributor
It’s a shopping channel product demo, not a restaurant.
Honored Contributor

@Frau K wrote:

I worked in the food industry my whole career. I’ve always known the rules. My DH and I are good friends with a couple we travel with and go to restaurants on a regular basis. Rarely do we cook or go to each other’s house. They invited us on the last 4th of July for a cookout. The steaks and burgers were put back on the same plate they were on before cooking. That is a huge no-no! I did not eat meat that day. I think a lot of people not in the food industry simply don’t know.

That really is just common sense not to do that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor
I was watching a cooking show a few weeks ago (don't remember who it was), but the chef was preparing raw chicken (put his fingers in the small salt bowl right after pounding out the chicken and salted it). Then moved onto veggies and again using the same salt bowl (now contaminated with raw chicken) salted them. Ugh. What's wrong with good old salt shakers?
Valued Contributor
@Lyzz, btw welcome to the boards!