Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2, I don't understand why your thread was removed, i found the reason of it being upsetting to people, just ridiculous.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why if the Q is so adamant that there are no religious threads at all of any kind, whatsoever, absolutely, positively, 100% isn't allowed at all, under any circumstances, why then some prayer request threads are allowed to stay, and why Gloria Jean's daily threads in the "Friends" forum is allowed?

All I am asking is why.

It isn't wrong to want to know why QVC appears to be so hypocritical in their enforcing of that "rule".

And telling people to find other boards is a non answer.

In fact, it is evading the answer.

So, without evading the question, without telling people to post elsewhere, answer the question of why the Q allows some prayer threads to stay, and not others.

I don't think that I'm asking for a lot, just an answer to my question.

That's all.

Oh, and btw, I was 100% sincere in my Sorry thread.

As I said, I'm just asking a simple.question, and just want an answer.

If GJ and other requesting prayer threads became contentious they would be poofed also. I know they are against standards, just answering your one particular question.

But that's just it, it wasn't "contentious".

I was asking for prayers for the victims and people of France after the horrific attack.

I specifically asked that politics be kept out of the thread.

The reason that was given was that the reason for prayers was "upsetting" to some people.

How in the world can asking for prayers for the victims, their families, be "upsetting"?

I thought that I was doing something nice, and heartfelt.

If people can't handle a simple prayer request for the victims and their families after a terrorist attack, then we have become a nation of wimps.

Oh, and if I recall correctly, there was a prayer request for the victims and their families after the Orlando nightclub attack, which was allowed to stay.

@Plaid Pants2 

2 posters brought arguments from another thread to your prayer request thread and then your thread was immediately closed. IMHO at that point the Mod was probably fed up with it all.

Honored Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

That's all I have to say about QVC's forum patrol.   

Why should we bring educated and informed minds together here.

Let's poof all of the important talk so we can talk about Kim K's booty and what the Bachelorette said the other night.

Keep 'em dumbed down.   That's why we live in the world we live in!

Dumbed down is thinking QVC forums are a good venue to talk about this. There are countless forums on the internet where you can discuss anything related to the topic. Why frustrate yourself trying to make this forum something it will never be? It's s home shopping forum with rules what you can post. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, people must have an "in" with the mods. They all must be on the "other" side of the pol fence, yes that must be it.

Super Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

I believe that it was the totality of the threads last night that were the issue.  

Things, in total, were going south ruleswise, and therefore any and all threads on the matter were impacted.

I agree @Marianne1.

Super Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Hot Street wrote:

That's all I have to say about QVC's forum patrol.   

Why should we bring educated and informed minds together here.

Let's poof all of the important talk so we can talk about Kim K's booty and what the Bachelorette said the other night.

Keep 'em dumbed down.   That's why we live in the world we live in!

Dumbed down is thinking QVC forums are a good venue to talk about this. There are countless forums on the internet where you can discuss anything related to the topic. Why frustrate yourself trying to make this forum something it will never be? It's s home shopping forum with rules what you can post. 

Standing ovation @Trinity11.👏

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

But that's just it, it wasn't "contentious".

I was asking for prayers for the victims and people of France after the horrific attack.

I specifically asked that politics be kept out of the thread.

The reason that was given was that the reason for prayers was "upsetting" to some people.

How in the world can asking for prayers for the victims, their families, be "upsetting"?

I thought that I was doing something nice, and heartfelt.

If people can't handle a simple prayer request for the victims and their families after a terrorist attack, then we have become a nation of wimps.

Oh, and if I recall correctly, there was a prayer request for the victims and their families after the Orlando nightclub attack, which was allowed to stay.

Because you ask means it will happen?

It was removed for a reason. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Lot of people don't know how to find the rules.

http://www.qvc.com/QVCCommunity.content.html

Honored Contributor

It seems like mod Keyai may be one of the ones in charge. Maybe take your concerns to him. Unfairness, bias etc. Maybe he can give some answers or direct you to someone who can.

Esteemed Contributor

Inconsistency.