Honored Contributor

University opening up in July, but employees will stil be working remotely.

Which means I will still be working from home at least through July.  Student can return for the 2nd summer session.  But employees will still be working at home.They want as little amount of people as they can.  Summer session usually doesn't have a lot of people.  It's difficult to complete, because the course is squeezed down as there is only a little over 4 weeks to complete it.  I remember how hard it was.  I had to take 2nd year Spanish, & my teacher talked me out of it.  I ended up taking in the fall.  Easier.   As early as mid June, labs will be opened for students to take.  Teacher will be there.  But again, not the staff.  Admissions will be done online.  Where I work, ILL (inter library loan) goes on as usual.  We work year long.  Our summer load is not too heavy.  It does get very busy in fall. So students will go back starting in mid June and continue in to the fall.  With some staff there and some still working at home.  If it gets bad again in the winter, I will end up working from through the fall semester.  The may asked me to come in school a couple of days a week to handle the books we borrow and lend.  That had to stop when we were sent home.

Fall opening will be in phases.  It don't exactly know how it will work.  Depends on how bad it will be in the fall.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: University opening up in July, but employees will stil be working remotely.

SK opened their schools for 1 week. The outbreak was so bad, they were immediately closed.

Between illness and civil unrest, I don't see many schools remaining open for long.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy If we are still "good" in my state in the fall (early in September when we are still warm)  I will do research and requests for articles in the morning.  Then come in several afternoons to do the books.  We will have to forgive books that were caught in transit when we closed.  It might be a mess to face when we come back.  But I got selected (along with one of my coworkers) to come back in the library to do the books.  I think we will take turns doing the books.  I used to love doing the books, but it will be a chore to straighten out everything.

Honored Contributor

@songbird   Which Univ do you work at?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@songbird   Which Univ do you work at?

@songbird @PINKdogWOOD  I also work for a University (in NJ) -  and they're planning for students to be remote in the Fall. If non virtual/"regular' classes are possible, they'll go that route. Science determines everything! They still want as few employees on campus during the transition. Departments that have challenges working remote will be filtered back one group at a time. My area can be remote, I'll probably be working from home until the Fall.