Honored Contributor

Re: University of Alabma COVID........

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@eadu4 I agree with most everything you've said but my worry is if I caught covid-19 I don't want an argument from some idiot doctor who refuses to give me hydroxychloroquine.  Also, remdesivir is saving lifes for those who are further along.  

So, my issue is 1) what hospital will I be sent to based on available beds 2) the fear that they will stick a vent down my throat against my wishes 3) that the personnel will be partisan 4) that they won't agree about hydroxychloroquine or remdesivr when my assertion will be, I'm the patient not you, just give me the meds.  

Seems like a hassle.  

I don't believe for 1 minute that those above meds don't work. 

We are all so different. I don't want a doctor recommending a treatment that has been roundly labeled as not effective and possilbly very dangerous. As for remdesivir, I do believe it is used in some cases.

But then, I also blanch at the idea of telling medical experts what drugs I should be given. It's fine to question them, but ultimately, I believe that they (one of the "idiot" doctors) know more than I or other non-medical people know.

@germanshepherdlove 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out #26. Yup, #26---snarling dog or whatever.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

So, some people can't read--there you go.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@KarenQVC, I checked out Post #26. Are you sure that's the right one?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

It's message #68 for me.  I must be in reverse chronological order from you (I read oldest to newest).

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy   Yes this is true.  What really annoys me is that nobody here knows what any of us go through.

I have concerns, even fear for certain loved ones but I also have hope.

Look at the picture posted earlier; it isn't even on campus.

You can almost set your watch as to who will show up with worn out statements and lectures.

Enough.

And you can also set your watch as to who will show up to lecture and complain about what people are posting on these threads, which I will add are clearly marked as COVID threads.  

Enough is right.   

@Lipstickdiva   There is a huge difference between discussing current issues regarding COVID-19 and assuming the worst about posters who are not "angry, disgusted" and all other sorts of out of control reactions.

A valid dialogue is one thing; the usual name calling and assumptions that seeing one person without a mask at Wal-mart means we are all going to die.

It's the constant "don't you understand" remarks that clearly are not needed.

We all get the guidelines.

You know this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

It is #Post 68. And I did reply to it.

Thanks, @WenGirl42 

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC By any chance, are you actually talking abouf me and my post? Just curious.....

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 Mine are newest to oldest.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 No way.