Respected Contributor

Re: University of Alabma COVID........

@Sooner wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

I'm still waiting for the results of the Sturgis rally.  Based on the videos and photographs, these people were beer swilling like they couldn't say no even if they wanted to and grossly overweight defiantly so it seemed and probably with underlying health conditions....like they couldn't care less what they were doing to themselves or to the rest of the country when they got back home.  

People, please don't forget the Sturgis rally.  

The aftermath of that is very important.  

If anyone gets news please share it.  

@germanshepherdlove I would love to know how the Sturgis rally is so different from so many protests, marches, college crowds, funerals and other events of recent?

What makes Sturgis different?  

@Sooner wrote:

I'm still waiting for the results of the Sturgis rally.  Based on the videos and photographs, these people were beer swilling like they couldn't say no even if they wanted to and grossly overweight defiantly so it seemed and probably with underlying health conditions....like they couldn't care less what they were doing to themselves or to the rest of the country when they got back home.  

@germanshepherdlove I would love to know how the Sturgis rally is so different from so many protests, marches, college crowds, funerals and other events of recent?

@Sooner :  I think you and I both know the answer to that one.....

@Hoovermom I would hope not.  My hope is still that we could respect others who are different.  Don't see it happening do you?

@Sooner :  No, I don't as it happens here day after day, deflection, deflection, deflection.   Debate is hearing each side and recognizing things that you may not have even thought of.  Wouldn't that be a novel idea here.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner :  I think you and I both know the answer to that one.....

@Hoovermom I would hope not.  My hope is still that we could respect others who are different.  Don't see it happening do you?

@Sooner :  No, I don't as it happens here day after day, deflection, deflection, deflection.   Debate is hearing each side and recognizing things that you may not have even thought of.  Wouldn't that be a novel idea here.

@Hoovermom LOL!  Yes!  What kills me is when people post something then scold anyone who has an idea that doesn't agree with them.  Really?  We can ALL learn something from one another!  ALL!!!!  

Discussion has turned into that old childhood game "Red Rover"--remember that one?

Honored Contributor

The 1% positive is lower than the averages for the state which ranges from a low of 3.61% to a high of 26.87% depending on the county for the period 8/2 to 8/8.  Tuscaloosa County is at 6.96% and was trending downward from 11.18% from the previous week.  The Risk map for the entire state is shown below.  Tuscaloosa County is kinda center map to the left of center and is currently green.  The state is currently trending downwards as it was mostly red just a week or two ago.  However, neighboring Bibb County is in the Very High Risk category at 22.07% and rising.  

Someone mentioned ABC shutting down bars in Tuscaloosa.  I'm not aware of ABC doing this for a specific city.  They did it for the entire state about 3 weeks ago.  And they aren't shutting down the bars, but sales of alcohol statewide must end at 11:00 pm and any alcoholic drinks still on the table must be removed at 11:30 pm.  I, personally, feel like it's a stupid rule.  Most people are already out and not socially distancing by that time of the night.  However, at least it might result in fewer drunk drivers on the streets.  Interestingly, I know in MT, at least in Bozeman, which is a college town by the way, they shut down alcohol sales much earlier like 8:00 or 9:00 pm.  i know this because we vacation out there and they always have last call while we're eating dinner which we do fairly early.  Not sure if that is statewide or done on the local level.  

18 AUG 20 Dashboard.jpg

Trusted Contributor

It's like I said earlier, if you don't look out a different window you will never see a different view.  This topic is a hot button for many reasons.  The biggest reason is and remains the differing fear/risk concerns and where one falls on the fear/risk spectrum/slide.  The more moderate you are the less likely someone's differing opinion will bother you.  The further you go out on either side of the spectrum the more vehement/angry the responses will be.  Face it we all want our opinion to be validated by others.  If you aren't getting the reaction/response you wanted you tend to get a little miffed.  This virus is real.  No one is denying that.  There have been some very tragic painful deaths from it.  But there is no way to control everyones response to this.  Everyone is different, with different issues, problems and concerns.  No one wants anyone to die.  The older you are the more likely this virus will be harder to fight. The younger you are the less likely you will even have symptoms.   We can only do what we can control.  The very fact that pictures like that cause people to get upset doesn't help. You're not going to change it or fix it.  With many people not showing any symptoms we will never know how many have it or had it.  Which would be why some people just don't dwell on it.  You can't control everything.  Some people are better at accepting this than others.  Which puts us at the point where people get divided and some lash out.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

The 1% positive is lower than the averages for the state which ranges from a low of 3.61% to a high of 26.87% depending on the county for the period 8/2 to 8/8.  Tuscaloosa County is at 6.96% and was trending downward from 11.18% from the previous week.  The Risk map for the entire state is shown below.  Tuscaloosa County is kinda center map to the left of center and is currently green.  The state is currently trending downwards as it was mostly red just a week or two ago.  However, neighboring Bibb County is in the Very High Risk category at 22.07% and rising.  

Someone mentioned ABC shutting down bars in Tuscaloosa.  I'm not aware of ABC doing this for a specific city.  They did it for the entire state about 3 weeks ago.  And they aren't shutting down the bars, but sales of alcohol statewide must end at 11:00 pm and any alcoholic drinks still on the table must be removed at 11:30 pm.  I, personally, feel like it's a stupid rule.  Most people are already out and not socially distancing by that time of the night.  However, at least it might result in fewer drunk drivers on the streets.  Interestingly, I know in MT, at least in Bozeman, which is a college town by the way, they shut down alcohol sales much earlier like 8:00 or 9:00 pm.  i know this because we vacation out there and they always have last call while we're eating dinner which we do fairly early.  Not sure if that is statewide or done on the local level.  

18 AUG 20 Dashboard.jpg

@Icegoddess :  I am sorry, but yes ABC did mandate this for the entire state.  I was so focused on what all the mayor had done in Tuscaloosa that I failed to mention it.

Respected Contributor

For those who don't believe in modern medicine and call doctors idiots: Don't go to the hospital.  The health care workers don't want to be subjected to your germs any more than the rest of us do. 

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

For those who don't believe in modern medicine and call doctors idiots: Don't go to the hospital.  The health care workers don't want to be subjected to your germs any more than the rest of us do. 

@KarenQVC :  I haven't seen any such statement here.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

There never is......

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Reading is Fundamental.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

There never is......

It's interesting that people have to make up things that people never said to make them appear bad. I guess they're just not bad enough so there's a need to make them appear that way. Like gossip as it spreads the story completely changes.