Honored Contributor

Re: University of Alabma COVID........

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Hoovermom Sure! There are many. I am on my Amazon fire tablet and I do not know how to copy a URL on it, so I will tell you exsctly how to find a great sourse. Go to fox10tv.com and look up an article bt Brendan Kirby on August 14. The headline is "Alabama Ranked Near Bottom in Nation for Social Distancing." Very informative article. Mentions tgat Alabama is ranked 47 out of the 48 continental United States in social distancing.

Okay.  How in the world did they ever conduct such a study?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

My nephew is returning to University of Dayton next week.  They are required to have a test within 5 days of arriving on campus.  They are staggering groups arriving over the next few weeks.  The schools have put into place protocols to contain any outbreaks.

@CrazyDaisy , I know someone who just returned to U of D at the end of last week but his mom said he had to be tested when he got there?

He is an upper classman and is sharing an apartment off campus, perhaps living in the dorms has different requirements.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

I'm still waiting for the results of the Sturgis rally.  Based on the videos and photographs, these people were beer swilling like they couldn't say no even if they wanted to and grossly overweight defiantly so it seemed and probably with underlying health conditions....like they couldn't care less what they were doing to themselves or to the rest of the country when they got back home.  

People, please don't forget the Sturgis rally.  

The aftermath of that is very important.  

If anyone gets news please share it.  

@germanshepherdlove , I just read today that it will be very hard for an outbreak to be traced back to Sturgis.  Many, if not most of those who attended were from out of state. They will take the virus back home with them.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Hoovermom Sure! There are many. I am on my Amazon fire tablet and I do not know how to copy a URL on it, so I will tell you exsctly how to find a great sourse. Go to fox10tv.com and look up an article bt Brendan Kirby on August 14. The headline is "Alabama Ranked Near Bottom in Nation for Social Distancing." Very informative article. Mentions tgat Alabama is ranked 47 out of the 48 continental United States in social distancing.

@Lipstickdiva :  Cell phone data.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy   Yes this is true.  What really annoys me is that nobody here knows what any of us go through.

I have concerns, even fear for certain loved ones but I also have hope.

Look at the picture posted earlier; it isn't even on campus.

You can almost set your watch as to who will show up with worn out statements and lectures.

Enough.

And you can also set your watch as to who will show up to lecture and complain about what people are posting on these threads, which I will add are clearly marked as COVID threads.  

Enough is right.   

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

For a few reasons, I have my doubts about this study and data.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

For a few reasons, I have my doubts about this study and data.  

I do too but really didn't want to question it.  I have tried to ask questions of others and have been shouted down, had non-confrontational comments removed, and on and on and on.   Again, we all need to be able to share and say whatever we wish.  Crazy control issues displayed.

Honored Contributor

I'm still waiting for the results of the Sturgis rally.  Based on the videos and photographs, these people were beer swilling like they couldn't say no even if they wanted to and grossly overweight defiantly so it seemed and probably with underlying health conditions....like they couldn't care less what they were doing to themselves or to the rest of the country when they got back home.  

@germanshepherdlove I would love to know how the Sturgis rally is so different from so many protests, marches, college crowds, funerals and other events of recent?

What makes Sturgis different?  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@germanshepherdlove I would love to know how the Sturgis rally is so different from so many protests, marches, college crowds, funerals and other events of recent?

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner :  I think you and I both know the answer to that one.....

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner :  I think you and I both know the answer to that one.....

@Hoovermom I would hope not.  My hope is still that we could respect others who are different.  Don't see it happening do you?