Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: University of Alabma COVID........

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I wish them well. But as we've seen, college kids, usually first time living on their own, are not known to have the most control over their impulses. If someone could prevent them from drinking and congregating and convince them to take all the necessary precautions, I would be more likely to predict success.

@suzyQ3 :  Time will tell, won't it?    

Some seem to want things to fail so they can say they were right.  Thankfully there are some who want to work through these difficult times.  There will be ups and downs but that is just about anything you encounter in life.

@CrazyDaisy :  I guess so....it was so encouraging to see these test results allowing student life to proceed in a cautious and safe way.  Time will tell, won't it?

Honored Contributor

Thanks, so much, @Hoovermom ,  for good news,  and I hope you and others don't become discouraged from reporting it whenever you feel it's pertinent!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Thanks, so much, @Hoovermom ,  for good news,  and I hope you and others don't become discouraged from reporting it whenever you feel it's pertinent!

@Oznell :  Thank you for your kind words.  It has been hard to even participate because it wasn't the "right words" for some people.  I really thought this would bring a bright and encouraging spot in the environment we have lived with the last 4-5 months.  Oh well, what do I know...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter is a sophomore at Bama and has been back on campus living in her sorority house since Aug 1st.  She says the school is taking every safety precaution possible and feels very safe ( although a little frustrated at times because it's so different than last years experience).  She had to have her test and a negative result recorded with the school before she was allowed to step foot on campus!  As a parent I'm hoping so much they get to stay for the semester 😷🤞

Respected Contributor

@tired mom04 wrote:

My daughter is a sophomore at Bama and has been back on campus living in her sorority house since Aug 1st.  She says the school is taking every safety precaution possible and feels very safe ( although a little frustrated at times because it's so different than last years experience).  She had to have her test and a negative result recorded with the school before she was allowed to step foot on campus!  As a parent I'm hoping so much they get to stay for the semester 😷🤞

@tired mom04 :  I hope everything turns out well for her and all the students.  No, it won't be like last year but maybe things will improve enough to resume a normal second semester.  Hope springs eternal.

Esteemed Contributor

The number of deaths among those infected is not going down. It is significantly higher in several states and areas. Give it another week or two...We will all be reading about even more spikes in cases in Alabama. Alabama is my home state and it is one of the worst for complying with masks and social distancing. 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

The number of deaths among those infected is not going down. It is significantly higher in several states and areas. Give it another week or two...We will all be reading about even more spikes in cases in Alabama. Alabama is my home state and it is one of the worst for complying with masks and social distancing

@Goldengate8361 :  I live in Alabama and have not found your statistics.  Would you share?

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This is a picture taken yesterday of a crowd of students from this university, and there are similar pics for Auburn University -- few masks, no distancing:

Source: Alabama News Network

Yes, you are right.   These scenes are all around the U.S. each day and have been for months on end. 

@Hoovermom... On the up side, no tear gas... no guns... no property destruction... no looting... no brawls...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This is a picture taken yesterday of a crowd of students from this university, and there are similar pics for Auburn University -- few masks, no distancing:

Source: Alabama News Network

Yes, you are right.   These scenes are all around the U.S. each day and have been for months on end. 

@Hoovermom... On the up side, no tear gas... no guns... no property destruction... no looting... no brawls...

@stevieb:  Thank you....none of that in Tuscaloosa.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I wish them well. But as we've seen, college kids, usually first time living on their own, are not known to have the most control over their impulses. If someone could prevent them from drinking and congregating and convince them to take all the necessary precautions, I would be more likely to predict success.

@suzyQ3 :  Time will tell, won't it?    

Some seem to want things to fail so they can say they were right.  Thankfully there are some who want to work through these difficult times.  There will be ups and downs but that is just about anything you encounter in life.

Bingo... It sure seems like it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...