Honored Contributor

Re: University of Alabma COVID........

This is a picture taken yesterday of a crowd of students from this university, and there are similar pics for Auburn University -- few masks, no distancing:

Source: Alabama News Network

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am so happy that these students (know lots of them personally) are going to be able to try and resume some sense of normalcy.  Yes, there are students who will follow the protocols the university has established since they are infected.  They have a robust plan for their return and safety.  UA students come from hotspots all over the country and most of them are well (at this point).  Yes, I am happy for them.  

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This is a picture taken yesterday of a crowd of students from this university, and there are similar pics for Auburn University -- few masks, no distancing:

Yes, you are right.   These scenes are all around the U.S. each day and have been for months on end. 

Honored Contributor

I wish them well. But as we've seen, college kids, usually first time living on their own, are not known to have the most control over their impulses. If someone could prevent them from drinking and congregating and convince them to take all the necessary precautions, I would be more likely to predict success.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Yes, you are right.   These scenes are all around the U.S. each day and have been for months on end. 

Thank you, @Hoovermom. I posted it because it was taken yesterday and is from the university that is the topic here.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I wish them well. But as we've seen, college kids, usually first time living on their own, are not known to have the most control over their impulses. If someone could prevent them from drinking and congregating and convince them to take all the necessary precautions, I would be more likely to predict success.

@suzyQ3 :  Time will tell, won't it?    

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

That's one way to handle it, @Hoovermom. Let's hope that community spread decides to take a break.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Some seem to want things to fail so they can say they were right.  Thankfully there are some who want to work through these difficult times.  There will be ups and downs but that is just about anything you encounter in life.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Some seem to want things to fail so they can say they were right.  Thankfully there are some who want to work through these difficult times.  There will be ups and downs but that is just about anything you encounter in life.

Some only want to see the negative as well. Good grief I will never never understand that. If people are looking for zero virus cases to have any kind of positive outlook I feel sorry for how miserable they may be. 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

That's one way to handle it, @Hoovermom. Let's hope that community spread decides to take a break.

@suzyQ3 :  The Mayor of Tuscaloosa has mandated bar closings earlier than normal as well as ABC (Alabama Beverage Commission) has also mandated beverage serving restriction timelines for the city.  Hope the plan works them them.  Again, time will tell.  We all deal with it differently and no way is perfect.