Trusted Contributor

Re: United now offering $10,000 to give up seat

For $10,000 I'll give up my seat and buy them lunch.earphones and blanket!!

Respected Contributor

I don't believe they will go up to $10k to give up a seat. 

Poor bunny! So cute and died. I am sad for the bunny. I am sure she will sue United. She was selling it to a celebrity. I wonder who bought it?

Esteemed Contributor

Our afternoon radio guy said he'd take half that even if he was on his way to vacation...he'd tell his wife, "See you tomorrow or the next day in Mazatlan.  Go ahead and upgrade our hotel!"  LOL.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

They should not have put a price on giving up that seat ...who is going to give up for a lesser amount now.It is going to be built into the price of tickets and we will all pay so it's not really a win for passengers.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@KingstonsMom It will be interesting to see what the cause of death is, with all the bad publicity that United Airlines has been getting in the press lately one wonders about several different issues!

Needless to say, several people are mourning the death of a beautiful animal!

@CareBears

I found this which makes it even sadder:

A giant rabbit that mysteriously died in the care of United Airlines was accidentally shut in a freezer by bungling staff, it has been revealed.

Black-furred Simon - expected to outgrow his 4ft 4 father to become the largest rabbit in the world - was alive when he was taken off the plane from London Heathrow but died at a holding facility at Chicago O'Hare Airport.

But now an airport worker has revealed that the pet was placed in temperatures of 0 to 2 degrees celsius by mistake, causing it to freeze to death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4457524/Giant-rabbit-Simon-died-United-staff-FROZE-him.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom This just makes me sick, that poor poor baby, what kind of an idiot places a live animal in a freezer, that is just beyond sad!

RIP sweet baby, you are now free to hop and hop forever loved and protected in the arms of angels!

Honored Contributor

Give me a ticket!  I'll give up my seat for $10,000.  I know United and the police acted inappropriately but so did the passenger acting like a juvenille and he is a doctor.  He wanted a lawsuit.  That's how I see it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Give me a ticket!  I'll give up my seat for $10,000.  I know United and the police acted inappropriately but so did the passenger acting like a juvenille and he is a doctor.  He wanted a lawsuit.  That's how I see it.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Me too! And I agree, the 'Dr's' criminal past shows that he'll do anything for a buck.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

On Mar 17th DH and I flew United 12 hrs from Shanghi to San Francisco.  It was horrible; we were crammed into a 767 in tourist class.  I am 5'4" and DH is 5'11" and the only way we could move at all was by going over other passengers and stand in the aisle.  I have made many very long flights from west Coast (including Australia and Rio) but this one took me over a week to recover.  We will hence forth either take a ship to distant ports or where possible fly several 6-10 hrs legs.  When I started flying in 1965 air travel was relaxing and you actually dressed up (heels, suits); my, how times have changed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Imagine the damage that rabbit could do in your garden!  At any rate, sorry he died and in such a manner.