Respected Contributor

Re: United airlines overbooking

@Smoky wrote:

Maybe United should make other arrangements to get their employees to their job., like book them on another airline or one of their empty planes sitting around.  

What a sad thing to see a passenger drug off that flight and possibly injured.  

ITA......perhaps United should schedule flights with staff that are already at that airport since we all know how unreliable flights can be. Ironically, I was on a United flight yesterday when I found out what happened. The crew was over the top accomodating and gave everyone free tv because the flight was delayed over an hour. Even so. it will be my last United flight.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

The flight had not been overbooked. They had 4 employees that had to get to the next destination for work. They ask 4 people to give up their sits, offered them $800.00 to leave, 3 people walked off politely, this guy made a scene. Sorry , when you act like an ass your usually treated disrespectful. I'm sure his story is plausible, but I've had Dr appointments cancelled by Drs. This is the story I heard on two different news stations. I may be the only one on here that thinks this man ask for it.No pity here. The shame is this guy let himself be drug off a plane instead of walking off like a man. Would you go to this Doctor? I wouldn't.

You bet I would go to this doctor!  He wanted to get home because he had patients to see.  To me that means he is very dedicated doctor with good work ethics.

This man is 69 years old and still practicing medicine.

He did not ask for a beating and no one should have physically touched him. 

Airlines are disrespecting their passengers, not the other way around.  

Honored Contributor

I agree, it does't matter if he is a doctor or not, but it turns out he is and his wife is a pediatrician.  Also, four of their five children are doctors.  He is said to be Vietnamese-American.  @cherry Posted the story with information.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A friend forwarded these images being circulated on Twitter. Kind of perfect I think!  

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.42.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 8.07.34 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Many Vietnamese Americans are in this country because they helped Americans during the war.  Who knows what he had gone through.  San Jose CA has a large and active population on Vietnamese, one of whom is a good fried of ours.  He is one who saw the horrors of the time.

How awful this doctor was subjected to fresh terror.

Respected Contributor

Some questions to think about:

What if this man were your 69-year-old father? Or your 80-year-old father, who may not even have understood fully why he was being asked to deplane and so refused? Would you want to see him assaulted and dragged down the aisle on the floor?

What if this man were your surgeon, scheduled to perform your important surgery later in the day or first thing in the morning? Do you think you'd be upset if he wasn't able to make it? Even if it was just a doctor's appointment and you waited a long time for your appointment only to find out doc couldn't make it?

What if this man had a loved one on their death bed and needed to get there before the person passed?

Bottom line is... if this man did not assault anyone, or pull out a weapon, or make threats towards the LE's, they had no business assaulting him. There is a chain of command in every organization and if they discovered the man was not complying, they needed to consult with their superiors before doing what they did. It really is savagery.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I just heard on Morning Joe that this man might not be a doctor - his credentials haven't been verified.

Are they just saying that to disparage him?  If he isn't a doctor and lied about it, that would be terrible.

I was watching Morning Joe and they were not supportive of the way the airline handled the situation at all.

I don't think reporting that he might not be a doctor is disparaging him.  Just reporting.

Even if he isn't a doctor, there is no justification for dragging him bloodied off the plane.

Unless he was a terrorist, threatening.  And I don't think anyone is reporting that.  

I know they were only reporting something.

I wonder who is saying he might not be a doctor?  The airline? 

I agree - there is no justification for beating him and dragging him off the plane.  It doesn't matter if he is a doctor or not. 

I think I misunderstood you.  I thought you were saying that Morning Joe might be imiplying that the man wasn't a doctor.

They weren't implying that.  They just said his credentials have not been verified. 

I was just wondering where that was even coming from. 

Honored Contributor

Just out of curiosity, I Googled his name/town.

Oh.

My.

He has a history. 

I'm wondering if there's a back story...authorities wanting him.

Hummm.

Granted this was done 12yrs ago & the case dismissed but...behaviors like this don't go away overnight.  Cause of suspicion.  

I'm not saying nothing 'bout nothing...just bringing info to the table.

IMG_1226.jpg

Honored Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

A friend forwarded this image being circulated on Twitter. Kind of perfect I think!  

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.42.43 PM.png

@AspenGrove

That's how we look to the world?  Not good.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

It appears the CEO is OK with them doing it. He emailed  he was