Respected Contributor

Re: United Healthcare Part D premium increase for 2017 came in the mail today

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Social Security benefits in 2017, the latest Social Security Trustees report projects a 0.2% increase in benefits next year.

That would boost the average Social Security retirement benefit of $1,341 per month by about $2.70 and increase the maximum benefit of $2,663 per month in 2016 by about $5.30 next year."

FULL ARTICLE LINK

Be still my heart!  Wait, I didn't mean that literally.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Social Security benefits in 2017, the latest Social Security Trustees report projects a 0.2% increase in benefits next year.

That would boost the average Social Security retirement benefit of $1,341 per month by about $2.70 and increase the maximum benefit of $2,663 per month in 2016 by about $5.30 next year."

FULL ARTICLE LINK

Be still my heart!  Wait, I didn't mean that literally.  

Woman SurprisedWoman LOL   Hi  RD !

Respected Contributor

Hi Minky.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I don't disagree at all with you about the insignificant and "paltry" interest rates on deposit accounts. On the other hand, the low deposit interest rates also means low credit rates. Home mortgages, including refinancing existing mortgage loans are in the 3% to 5% range. Those of us with mortgages have been able to save some monthly expenses by refinancing to lower rate loans.

Honored Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

I don't disagree at all with you about the insignificant and "paltry" interest rates on deposit accounts. On the other hand, the low deposit interest rates also means low credit rates. Home mortgages, including refinancing existing mortgage loans are in the 3% to 5% range. Those of us with mortgages have been able to save some monthly expenses by refinancing to lower rate loans.

You are right @jannabelle1. We bought our home in 1983 the interest rate on our mortgage was 13%. The interest on our CDs was also 13%. We did refinance when rates went down.  They go hand in hand.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

This is WHY every fall there is a sign up period so you can change to a different plan if you want to.

This is also a big reason we chose to have an advantage plan - Rx coverage is included.

Honored Contributor

ALL insurance premiums rise each and every year! This has NOTHING to do with who is or isn't in office. BLAME the greedy insurance companies for this. Without a doubt each and every poster who has worked has had their insurance rates rise!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Insurance and Pharmaceutical companies are making money hand  over fist.  The more popular the drug is, the higher the price will be raised.  All we have to do is look at is, the Epi pen as an example. Insurance companies are notorious for HUGE profits. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

Make sure you pick a part D or advantage plan when age in otherwise you will pay higher premiums if you elect later.
At least y'all have social security, I doubt I will get mine:-( it looks like we will run out of money for those of us who have paid in.
I know people are hurting everywhere, I know so many people who are really having a tough time these days. I hope it gets better for all of us:-)