Respected Contributor

United Healthcare Part D premium increase for 2017 came in the mail today

2016 was 59 bucks and a little change

2017 is 70 bucks and a little change

Good thing there is no "inflation" or who knows what it would be Smiley Frustrated

QVC Customer Care

Re: United Healthcare Part D premium increase for 2017 came in the mail today

Honored Contributor

Wow - that seems a high premium for Part *D*, either this year or next. My Part D premium is $25.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Hi Jane,  hope you are doing well.

No, premiums have gone up every year.  I am not complaining, just being facetious as they always say that seniors cannot get a COLA because there is no real "inflation" yet something that many, if not most of them need to buy, does indeed see a hefty increase each year.   Butch has certainly benefited from our plan and we are very grateful to have it and grateful that the increase will not be a problem.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

Hi Jane,  hope you are doing well.

No, premiums have gone up every year.  I am not complaining, just being facetious as they always say that seniors cannot get a COLA because there is no real "inflation" yet something that many, if not most of them need to buy, does indeed see a hefty increase each year.   Butch has certainly benefited from our plan and we are very grateful to have it and grateful that the increase will not be a problem.

Smiley Happy

Hi Minky, I understand what you're saying and I know there wasn't a COLA this year but I do hope with the increase that there will be one in 2017. Best wishes for the cowboy.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Ours are going up also.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cannot tell you how eager I am for my next birthday in April!!

I do not like the way the COLA is figured but our representatives have wanted to make it even harder to get an increase (chained vs unchained COLAs).

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Jane,  he is doing great. Heart

tansy, are you turning the big 65?   It was truly a happy day for me as well as I got to get off of the Blue Cross individual policy with the high deductible and 30 pct co pay  and get on the best insurance in the world for the money spent for it - Medicare ! 

Wishing you a Happy Birthday in advance.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I are a little ways before retirement and just tonight we were talking about what kind of plan we were going to look into.   Currently, our premiums are $1120.00 per month, before co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance, nor prescriptions.  From last year, our insurance was raised about $140.00 per month...no bonus but a minimal raise.  

Insurance premiums have been going up..up..UP since their existence. Aetna begged out of the ACA but had the LARGEST profit margins ever.

As far as cost of living raises o for those on Social Security, contact your local Congressman, they control the purse strings.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

United Health Care premiums are high across the board.  I had to let them go after I retired since it was going to be an out of pocket expense, not through my job group plan anymore.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)