Honored Contributor

Re: United Airlines Dress Code for Passengers Using Employee Passes

i think that DELTA has this right...... and a GREAT way for them to get a lot of free, positive advertising out of this..... they are NOT banning leggings.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/delta-united-leggings

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I worked for Eastern Airlines in Miami in the 60's.  I was so happy to go along with their dress code for pass riders. To me  it was such a wonderful benefit that we all appreciated. That was the best company I ever worked for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i think that DELTA has this right...... and a GREAT way for them to get a lot of free, positive advertising out of this..... they are NOT banning leggings.

And neither are leggings banned on United.  People seem to be missing the fact these were pass riders, not fully paid ticket holders.

According to Delta's "Buddy Quette policy for buddy pass ticket holders, clothing should not be unclean, revealing or lewd and no swimwear or sleepwear.

I guess what is revealing or lewd once again is up to the ticket agent. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

And neither are leggings banned on United.  People seem to be missing the fact these were pass riders, not fully paid ticket holders.

@Lipstickdiva

i am not missing the facts, i am talking about the non-paying customers.

that is what the article is about......and the tweets.....

their non-revenue passengers and their response and rules regarding them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

I disagree.  If people just see the Tweets from Delta and don't know the full story about what happened, you would think that United has a no leggings policy for all passengers. 

Contributor

Rules are Rules. If you don't want to follow them don't complain.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

I disagree.  If people just see the Tweets from Delta and don't know the full story about what happened, you would think that United has a no leggings policy for all passengers. 

well hopefully then they realize that DELTA doesnt have a leggings policy at all......for paying and/or non paying  travelers.....as they have stated on their website, their tweets, and in that article and other articles. they generally leave it to the discretion of their non-revenue customers to dress "appropriately."

i am sure by now that everyone is well aware of the original story and it being about buddy pass flyers. i know that "rules are rules" but rules can easily be changed if enough of their employees fought for the change......if they wanted to.....

Respected Contributor

It may be great marketing, but it doesn't endear Delta to me by their taking  advantage of this overblown, nothing story.

Honored Contributor

My friends fly for free due to one of the mom's who worked for US Air for many years.

They know the BEST way to get on a plane when you are flying standby is to dress up.

It's a privilege to fly for free...this was disrespectful.

My friend's teenage son always wears a dress shirt and a tie. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueBlue wrote:

Rules are Rules. If you don't want to follow them don't complain.

@BlueBlue

So, you believe we should have stuck with the rule that women were not allowed to vote?

After all, rules are rules...