Kitty Schaub of Kitty Lee Photography knew her photos of Luna the kitten would be cute — but she didn’t expect them to become an international sensation.

The professional photographer recently had the inspired/amazing/adorable idea of doing a photo shoot with her daughter’s newly adopted black kitten in the style of the newborn shoots she had done with dozens of human babies.

“I take newborn photos pretty frequently, and had my props out for and upcoming shoot. We thought it would just be a cute little joke for my followers,” Schaub told PEOPLE.

A headband here, a blanket there and soon the photographer had a series of shots sweet enough to make your heart ache.

Luna, Schaub’s smallest and furriest model ever, handled the shoot like a pro — meaning she slept through the whole thing. 

She was totally asleep,” the photographer said. “She sleeps a lot, so it was easy to just pick her up and place her.” 

After finishing the photos, Schaub posted them to Facebook, where they went far beyond the small joke she expected.

So many people have reached out from all over the world, it’s been an incredibly positive experience!” she said. 

So positive, that Schaub has turned this attention into a chance to help other kittens like Luna find forever homes. Using the newborn kitty shots, including never-before-seen photos, she created a calendar that is for sale on her website, and will donate all the proceeds to Save-A-Stray in St. Joseph, Michigan.

Cat Very Happy