Honored Contributor

Re: Unintended Consequences--Just the Beginning?

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

This reminds of the story recently where hordes of starving monkeys were roaming the streets, fighting each other for food, in a city in Thailand. It seems the lack of tourists has created a lack of food for these poor little guys. Smiley Sad

@SusieQ_2    I don't get it........had  the monkeys been eating tourists?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

This reminds of the story recently where hordes of starving monkeys were roaming the streets, fighting each other for food, in a city in Thailand. It seems the lack of tourists has created a lack of food for these poor little guys. Smiley Sad

@SusieQ_2    I don't get it........had  the monkeys been eating tourists?

Yes, all but a few strictly vegan monkeys who refused. Seems there's at least one in every group. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi,  all kidding aside a city in Thailand has been "terrorized" by hangry monkeys.  Excerpts from:  newsweek.com/thai-city-overrun-hundreds-hungry-monkeys-search-food-after-coronavirus-keeps-tourists-away-1492030

A city in Thailand was recently overrun by hundreds of monkeys in search of food following a decrease in tourists flocking to the city amid the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

Lopburi, a city in central Thailand, was terrorized by monkeys who were seen fighting over limited amounts of food. On a normal day in Lopburi, the monkeys would be fed by hundreds of tourists but due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, tourism numbers have seen a drastic decrease, forcing the monkeys to find food on their own.

In a video posted to Twitter by The Sun, the monkeys can be seen chasing and fighting each other in the middle of the street. In the video, the monkeys get louder as they chase one monkey who seems to have a banana.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

The TV show Monsters Inside Me and had a few episodes about this illness.

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@pitdakota ðŸ˜‚. Slipping away to clear underneath my bed now...

@Laura14, If you have a scarf you might want to use that as a mask while you do so.  Of course a mask would be preferable, but you know in these times a scarf is just as good!

@pitdakota, I have two Buff hair wraps, which are open on each end. One of the ways you can them is like a balaclava. It covers my hair and face up to my eyes. I wore it to to the market.

I did wonder why no one smiled back at me. Duh. You can't see a smile under this thing. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland