Super Contributor

Re: Unimpressive "designers"

I do not like the high-low hem on tank tops and all the designers are doing them now. Halston is also doing them on cardigans which I think looks ridiculous.  I also detest the exaggerated shirttail hemline that is popular now on tank tops....when it hangs real long especially in the back it looks like a hanging diaper.  I don't mind it when it's just peeking out of a jacket or blazer though.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also, Joel from Halston has a huge crush on Amy S and was gushing over her the other night calling her a little supermodel and when she said that she was sick he said he would kiss her anyway because she had good kooties.  Unbelievable.  He certainly doesn't act that way around Shawn, Leah, Jayne or Sharon Faetsch.  

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

It seems like Qvc only wants their names because the items in their collections are the usual Qvc fare.  I'm not criticizing that, I love Qvc, I buy most of my everything from Qvc.  But there is a "formula", Qvc knows it's customer, they know what we will buy and there isn't a lot of difference in what the designers offer.  That whole true for the new ones too.  It's not that I am "unimpressed" by the new ones......I just see no reason to buy any thing from their lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moretofollow wrote:

Also, Joel from Halston has a huge crush on Amy S and was gushing over her the other night calling her a little supermodel and when she said that she was sick he said he would kiss her anyway because she had good kooties.  Unbelievable.  He certainly doesn't act that way around Shawn, Leah, Jayne or Sharon Faetsch.  

Woman LOL

@Lovingq- who is Joel with Halston?  Do you mean Cameron?   If so, he is very friendly and playful with everyone, very refreshing.  I don't know any Joel associated with the line. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is a sameness to all QVC clothing lines these days. Even my favorite, Louis Del'Olio, has been forced to simplify his designs and cheapen the fabrics he can use. The beautiful tailoring, intricate design features, and beautiful natural fibers are gone. QVC gives each vendor different names for the same fabrics, cheap synthetic, very stretchy knits. It's really too bad that those of us who spent a fortune at QVC in the past have found thie new offerings ho-hum at best.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Am I the olnly one who is totally unimpressed with QVC's "New" designers. Maybe I am just not appreciating what they are bringing and asking me to spend my money on.

Apparently not since I've read probably four or five threads about this very same subject all very recently.  And here goes another one....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am seeing the same basic design on every line the Q sells. Also the same basic fabric, nothing is new or different. Apparently the thought process is that as long as people keep buying these dumbed down, cheaper fabrics, designs, they won't bother changing. I have stopped buying, for the most part. To be fair, I also see the same things in B&M stores as well as other online sites, but at less expensive pricing, so you know where I am shopping...when I shop.

Edited to say: I just did a quick check on what I have ordered recently. In the past 12 months, 4 clothing items only. That is a huge change from how I ordered prior to this. I don't even bother to watch for more than a few minutes anymore, no point, it's all the same. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

I agree,  I was ordering 4 items a month.  Last year I ordered 5 clothing items, and returned one..................Quality down, prices up.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss the Q's old in house brands like: Dialogue, Sport Savvy and Motto.

Honored Contributor

I miss the Motto shrugs that used to be sold here-- I bought most of the basic colors for summer wear indoors in A/C and for modesty inside houses of worship. They have held up very well.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼