Highlighted
Honored Contributor

making lists is very sensible we always do that when we go away.

I hate flying so I can't help you there 

Super Contributor

Don't beat yourself up and say your listmaking is not normal.  Making lists and being concerned about travel is smart.  You are trying to minimize any issues that might come up. 

Just accept that sometimes things get forgotten or arrangements get changed.  Things go awry.  As long as you have your personal identification, cash, credit cards you are set.  Make sure you have medications and eyeglasses - and even those things can be relatively easy to purchase far from home these days. 

Make sure you have a neighbor, friend, or handyman available to check on your house if something comes up when you are away.  That is what I find most stressful about travel:  I worry about my dogs, (when I don't bring them with me) and house.  The travel I enjoy the most sadly is when my husband remains at home because I trust him the most to take care of everything!  So it isn't just you who worries excessively.  (Oh, and I make my lists much further than 10 days out!)

I find it is helpful to save these types of packing lists you are making.  Put them in a file, so you have something to refer to for the next trip.  When I travel I also take notes of things to do to tweak my packing and travel arrangements so things go even better for the next trip. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all and a big hug, this makes me feel totally calm,

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Uneasy Flyer

[ Edited ]

I am a nervous flyer..  I'm always like that before flying.  Frantically running around the house, making sure the pets will be OK to the pet sitter,  My clothes, etc.  Take offs and landings are the worst.  But once in the air, I'm OK.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC offensive

Honored Contributor

I've flown more times than I can count, but still can't shake that feeling.  What keeps me in control is preparation.  You have your list.  Review it one more time, then pack and put the suitcase by the door or in the car.  That's it, no more opening it.  Pack your carryon and take out what you are going to wear on travel day.  Whatever you can't put in the carryon at the moment, write a note and put it next to the bag.  Don't plan to do anything the day before you leave.  Run the errands, confirming this or that, etc. earlier in the week.  If you can pull that off, you will feel very little stress on go day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Uneasy Flyer

[ Edited ]

Anyone who "drugs themselves" to fly shouldn't be judged for that. I was prescribed Xanax for that purpose by a medical professional. Who takes it herself for that purpose. I took half the dose each way. Ended up necessary as I was stuck in the airport for eight hours trying to get home because of multiple flight delays.

I suffer from mental health issues because of events and people in my life and I'm on necessary medication for those . People with mental health issues are so judged by some people on these forums. Called names they shouldn't be called either. I'm so tired of it, frankly. They are medical issues that shouldn't be judged. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, perhaps.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Not anyone's place to say what is "normal" either. Sensitivity and compassion and empathy-that's what's normal in my eyes.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"