Honored Contributor

Nature is the greatest gift and blessing!  Heart

Peek-a-bear: Cute cubs are snapped playing hide-and-seek and climbing trees in Finland

• Family of bears spotted on a walk in the woods in Suomussalmi, eastern-central Finland
  • Intrigued by the photographer's hut, the three bear cubs started playing peek-a-boo with the camera
  • Bears eventually got so close photographer had to flick a cub on the nose to get them to back off

These three curious bear cubs proved overly eager to play up in front of the camera when they were photographed in a forest clearing in Suomussalmi, east-central Finland.

The bear cubs had gone on a tree-climbing mission with their mother when they spotted the nearby photographer's hut, and began playing peek-a-boo. 

Eventually, the three young bears got a little too close for comfort for photographer and local school teacher  Valtteri Mulkahainen.

Mr Mulkahainen said: 'I had to flick the cub's nose with my fingers to frighten it away as it was poking his nose in the hole in the wall intended for the camera lens. 

'The bear mum was attentively watching everything that was happening around her cubs.  If she feels there is any type of danger, she commands her cubs to get up on the trees.'

Family photo: A mother bear and her three cubs were spotted on a tree-climbing mission in Finland
I see you! The adorable bear cubs were eager to play peek-a-boo with photographer and school teacher Valtteri Mulkahainen

Hide and seek: Two of the three cubs appear to be hiding behind a large tree trunk while looking for their mother
Mission: One of the baby bears is seen as it prepares to make its way out of the blueberry bushes and up the pine tree
Honored Contributor

Re: UnBEARably amazing photos

What little hams!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Beary cute.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

such sweetness.  thank you for posting these pictures.  it hurts my heart when I read of bears being killed just because they were trying to live.  we have enroached on their homesteads.  we must learn to live in harmony with nature and not destroy it, but revel in it.

edited for spelling

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy  Sweet and adorable!

Honored Contributor

I wonder what they eat that gives them those nails..........I sure could use some.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy,

Thanks for posting,

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3c21e68185ecbe9ec519d98e37155de4/tumblr_mmlbanxv7L1s2jlrho1_400.gif

Respected Contributor

❤️ 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Pictures made me smile.  They really are playing peek a boo.  I love their little ears.  So precious, thank you  Heart

Honored Contributor

Great pictures!  I really enjoyed them.  Thanks for posting them.