Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! My 1st BAD experience with USPS😡😤 - suggestions please

I've always had luck when calling the 800 number & got help with needed info on packages transfered from Fed EX & UPS. The weather has been an issue so give it a little more time. Filing a claim isn't bad but you do need your paperwork. Hope your package turns up soon. 

Trusted Contributor

@LoveMyBaby I may swear under my breath a bit when a package I haven't received shows as "delivered" because I now have to wait till the next day. But with the number of packages I receive (I do all my shopping online), it's happened often enough that I don't worry about not receiving the package.

Near as I can tell, there's no "oops" code. Honestly, "delivered" probably bothers me less than other codes they sometimes use. For some reason, "no one home" pushes my buttons big time. I think "delivered" gets used the most simply because the package was "delivered" back to the post office. I have read that there's pressure to get packages delivered by a certain date. I've always figured that small packages could easily get missed. Or any package could end up on the wrong delivery truck. 

Trusted Contributor

@juperier

Totally agree : ) with everything you said. 

I feel @homedecor1 package is still rolling around the system somewhere and will get delivered. Hopeful anyway. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 

With the nation shopping on-line for everything, I can only imagine the headaches and volume of returns 😮being shipped back. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@homedecor1First time in 10 years?  Chill. Out.  Give it a few more days.  Re: filing a claim...it's a form.  No big deal.

Next time, get your kids to take their stuff or have them mail it.  It sounds like they're adults, so why not?

@esmerelda

NO!!!  Your comment is absolutely ridiculous ... but, I'm trying not to be RUDE as your comment.

There is NO excuse for this box to be still in TRANSIT...and YES I will file a claim -- the POST was asking if anyone else had dealings with making a claim and get refunded.

I know its a SIMPLE FORM...give me credit for this.  And yes, they are adults and THIS has nothing to do with THE USPS...

Honored Contributor

@juperier

Actually it wasn't as the largest "flat rate" box was not deep enough and even using 2 boxes would not have worked.

(Shoe boxes, sweatshirts, skorts, etc.)

I had originally started using this box -- even the game size box but that too wasn't deep enough...

I use those boxes all the time when mailing things.  Thanks for the suggestion thou.

Respected Contributor

Delivery Delays may occur due to Winter Storms

Delivery Delays may occur due to Winter Storms

I've had this notice  on about 3 orders from diiferent companies in the past 2 weeks.   Nothng I've ordered is life or death.  I don't really mean to be flip but the weather has been bad in places.
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, even if the package shows up, it"s overdue. Once it's delivered, print out the delivery date and take it along with the Priorty receipt to the P.O and ask for a refund. I have only done this once and got my refund.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@lovescats

@lovescats wrote:

that must be upsetting but there has been bad weather across the US  and ten days really isn't that long

was there a reason why your kids left this stuff?  Maybe they wanted you to return it and get your money back?

Yes, they did carry on luggage they were only here a few days before they left to go to Miami.  

Why would you think they wanted me to return & get my money back???🙄🙄🙄🙄

We went shopping together for the items & I've done this for many years (shopping w them & shipping once they get home).  They try everything on especially the golf items (bought at our pro shop).

This is the 1st time in 10 years of mailing anything I've had any problems -- and it's just annoying!!!!

@lovescats @homedecor1

Homedecor was doing EXACTLY what I do every year. DS and DDIL fly to visit us for Christmas and I ship most of their presents to them after they fly back home. Makes their trip back so much easier!  The only difference is that I ship by UPS instead of USPS. Too often I would pay for 2 day shipping for a birthday present, and it would arrive a week or more later. I gave up on the USPS a long time ago. Sorry to hear about your problem, @homedecor1 .

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  I have had many bad experiences with USPS.  Once, an ebay package wasn't delivered.  The post office said it wasn't there.  The seller filed a claim, thank goodness it was insured, and only then did the post office look for it and found it, it had been sitting on their shelf for six months!   USPS will do nothing to find a package if it is not insured.

Did you check the cost to mail your package with UPS?  I have checked prices at both places at times, and UPS was a better price for the large package I had to send.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@homedecor1, even if the package shows up, it"s overdue. Once it's delivered, print out the delivery date and take it along with the Priorty receipt to the P.O and ask for a refund. I have only done this once and got my refund.

i have had packages delayed over the past week and a half. most of it has had to do with the weather i believe and also due to the MLK holiday.

@Sage04

there is no guarantee for priority mail to be delivered on any expected date. only express mail is guaranteed. i am not sure how you got a refund?

will provide you with expected 1, 2, or 3 day delivery areas for Priority Mail® shipments. Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein