Respected Contributor

Ugh. Lost my clip on sunglasses again! Transitions lenses question

So mad at myself.  I do have a little hope they may turn up but right now, not in all the obvious places. Don't know why I take them off without even realizing it.  I never seem to remember even taking them off.  I just do it. I have had this particular clip on for less than 2 weeks. grrrr

Anyway, for those of you with experience using transitions lenses, please give your opinions and experiences with them. thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh. Lost my clip on sunglasses again! Transitions lenses question

I started wearing glasses in my 40's.  Currently 70.

I have never purchased lens that were not Transitions.   So don't know what it's like NOT wearing them.

I suffer from migraines so I get the "darkest" Transitions lens.  It's gradual & depends on how "bright" it is outside.

PROS:  No need for clip-ons or sunglasses.

CONS:  None

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Been wearing Transitions for years and love them! They've made some improvements over the years, and mine darken/lighten faster than they used to. Also, they darken some in the car (which didn't use to happen). But I do keep a pair of Fitovers in the glove box, just in case the glare is more than the Transitions can handle.

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

So mad at myself.  I do have a little hope they may turn up but right now, not in all the obvious places. Don't know why I take them off without even realizing it.  I never seem to remember even taking them off.  I just do it. I have had this particular clip on for less than 2 weeks. grrrr

Anyway, for those of you with experience using transitions lenses, please give your opinions and experiences with them. thanks!

what do you want to know?

I got Transitions with my recent RX, works well for me. The optician helped me pick the right shade,  when I am inside you can't tell, and once outside they get dark enough. good for the golf course or walking

you can't get Polarized so I kept my older polarized ones for driving and when I am going to be outside for longer 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear , @vermint , @Mz iMac , Thanks for the info! I'm going to give them a try.  Tired of making the same mistake over and over.  There's no hope for reform, I guess. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Fitover sunglasses is the way to go.and if you lose a pair they aren't expensive to replace.