Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! Can't find laundry sanitizer anywhere

As someone mentioned, I use ODOBAN.  I also use baking soda.  Good, all-purpose products.  I just follow the recommendations on the labels. 

Honored Contributor

I have been nursing my last bottle for months.  Stinky dish towels and such have the honor of using it.

they are gouging this product on Amazon.  I dont know how to report the gougers, but I would do it if I knew how.  They are charging 59.00 @ 92:0z oz bottle..  or you could buy four 41oz bottles for 159,,  mind you usual price is 6.99 for a 41oz bottle.

Respected Contributor

That Lysol Laundry Sanitizer was hard enough to find before the pandemic.  I happened to find a big 150 oz. jug at Costco back on Jan. 30th for $12.99 & grabbed one, I only wish I'd gotten more, but back then, who knew !?!  I've been using it very sparingly & still have about half of the jug left.  I've used some Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner concentrate a couple of times in my laundry (also, sparingly) in place of it & it seems to do OK.

Respected Contributor

I would just add a little white vinegar to the laundry ,it works to santize and its dirt cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised that some posters take the slightest opportunity to berate other posters.

Now they mock and scold about others laundering habits.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager Was thinking the same thing Johnny E!

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@KKJ  I LOVE Lysol Crisp Linen Laundry Sanitizer.  My sister introduced me to it earlier in the year. I agree, it's very difficult to find. 
I check Walmart daily.  Walmart used to sell it online but now you have to go to the store to purchase.  The other day they restocked and had two of the 90oz left at a Walmart not too far from me and about 15 of the smaller bottles.  My husband went to the store and purchased.  I had been checking for several weeks prior and FINALLY saw the in stock. Their website gives you the address of the store that has it that's closest to your home.  
I wrote to the company that manufactures the product 3 months ago and got the standard reply about COVID, heightened demand, etc. and that they are trying to safely make more.  I wrote again last week and got the same reply.  Obviously their ability to ramp up is slower than the demand. 

Keep checking Walmart.  The 90 oz bottle is just under $10 and the 45 oz bottle about $5.50. 
Good  luck. 

It must be a popular product or else some are hoarding it as a relative of mine works at WM and he told me they did get more stock of it in. I went the very next day and it was gone---AGAIN!   (smh)

Esteemed Contributor

I've used cheap white vinegar in my washer for years.  Kills germs, odors, and brightens whites and colors.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

You brought up several valid points for using sanitizer.  If we were washing with enough water and not so many fabrics that require cold, we could do ok with warm and not water washes.  DD is preschool teacher who strips her clothing up in arriving home.  Those clothes washed with sanitizer (If available) for health of herself and her students.  

Another daughter hired to work with assisted residents and she was given one required shirt.  She asked if that was it given COVID situation.  Yes.  Is it any wonder we have issues in areas with elderly and lower paid individuals!  How many come home after 10 hour days and want to do laundry every day?

Clothing is important to keep clean.

Honored Contributor

I do wonder if using vinegar in final rinse ,does kill germs? I use it sometimes to  do towels, now this has got me to thinking.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.