Honored Contributor

Just a heads up that UPSP is delivering packages today; at least, I received several very early this morning whereas delivery has lately been around 3:00.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I got the "we'll be in your area" message from UPS so I guess they'll deliver my packages today.  That means I likely won't get them until after dark.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just   received a UPS package a few moments ago, it is just USPS that is not working today

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just   received a UPS package a few moments ago, it is just USPS that is not working today

Yea, not sure I agree with that decision.  This is a busy time of year and people and companies are counting on the post office to keep things moving along.  It will be a long line at the post office for me tomorrow.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday, yougest son, a mail carrier, got into work at 6:00am to go out and deliver packages to get a head start on the day. Not just him, several of the carriers did it voluntarily. Then went back to the Post Office they work out of to start their regular days work.  I didn't ask if they take turns doing this now through Christmas or if it will be an occasional thing till after the holidays or if it was just because of having today off so they wouldn't be overwhelmed tomorrow with all the holiday packages.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden.....they are delivering packages today......not regular mail.

Respected Contributor

Where I live, I often see the USPS delivering packages on Sundays.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Yesterday I asked my mailman if he was delivering mail today and he said only parcels will be delivered today, no letter mail.

Super Contributor

I dropped a USPS package into the slot inside the post office this afternoon (under 13 ounces).  I just checked the tracking and it has been scanned in, so there are definitely some items being worked today.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  Thanks so much for posting. I just went out to my mailbox and found an amazon box inside.

checked my amazon account, and saw they had also delivered a birthday gift to my sister at her address today. 

I think they have to do all they can to keep up with package delivery at this time of year.  I can wait until tomorrow for regular mail.