Frequent Contributor

I ordered Kim Gravel's lip fixer kit on October 5th.  Got notification that it was shipped on October 9th.  It was originally shipped through UPS but then got transferred to USPS for final delivery.  Well here it is October 23rd and the package is no where to be found.  USPS tracking says the package was received October 11th @ 12:35pm and that "Package Acceptance is Pending".  I have no idea what that means.  I tried calling my local post office and the phone just rang and rang.  No one picked up and it never rolled to voicemail.  Then I tried calling the 1-800 number for USPS and was told the on hold wait time was over an hour.  I hung up.  So I tried again today calling 1-800 USPS and the hold wait time was 35 minutes or you could leave a call back number.  I left a call back number and sure enough got a call back.  The representative told me that because my package was sent via the lowest priority it was bundled together with about 300+ other low priority packages to a USPS distribution center and is waiting to be sorted for delivery.  What????? That is crazy!!!  So the respresentative could some how longon to cameras or a computer, etc. at the sorting facility to see that packages were actually moving through the sorter.  She said if there weren't so many in this bundle she could have maybe searched and found mine.  I questioned that the package arrived at the sorting facility on 10/11...almost 2 weeks ago and was still not out for delivery!  She then asked me what size was the package and I told her it was small, and then I mentioned it was makeup.  When I said "makeup" she perked up and said "oh no, we've got to get you your makeup!!!!!"  She then says "we ladies need our makeup." She became super friendly and asked how the weather was down in Atlanta.  Told me she was in Detroit and started telling me her whole life story, etc. ,etc.  I thought for sure someone was going to pop out and tell me I was on Candid Camera - LOL!!!  It was a somewhat strange conversational exchange.

Anyway, sorry for such a long story.  She gave me a case number and said a supervisor will contact me to update me on why the package was taking so long to be delivered.  Thankfully we are in the extended return policy period because by the time I finaly receive this package, if I didn't like it I wouldn't be able to return it.  Anyone else experience anything like this with USPS?

Honored Contributor

@Pancho.  Actually UPS has gotten so slow and sloppy that I get the best service from the USPS.  I had two items in a 10 day period totally destroyed by UPS.  This country's parcel delivery system is in a sad state.  I do get my post office-delivered items very efficiently and more or less on schedule.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Pancho Sorry this happened to you. I have experienced superior service from USPS, and considering the millions of packages and mail pieces they handle and deliver, I think they are doing a great job overall. Once in awhile there is a problem. I have had mangled mail from their machinery and a few Christmas cards torn open for potential gift card theft, but it’s rare.

i think part of the QVC package delivery problem is that they use third party carriers who won’t transport until they have a predetermined number of packages to move along. This causes delays.

Honored Contributor

@Pancho

very hard to read your post since typed in purple but I get the idea a "postal person" was going to do a "search".  Good luck with that!

I mailed and paid over $45 for a priority mail box directly from post office January 8, 2018.... box never received.  Last tracked stopped in local distribution center on January 11, 2018.  Went to P.O. to file claim told had to wait 1 month to put in claim.  Postal person was going to track it...not!!!

Put in search thru USPS to no avail (to date, still getting notifications they are still searching🙄🤔).   No refund for contents because according to USPS not "lost" just in "transit". 😡😡😡

Box finally arrived middle of March completely crushed.  

So good luck with P.O. personnel but I hope Q will refund your $$$ since they were the shipper!

Respected Contributor

With USPS you may want to check and see if ' Informed Delivery ' is available in your area.  USPS.com If so you can see what you will be getting in the mail for the day and can track packages that are sent via USPS/UPS Sure post (the UPS site will have the USPS # that you can copy and paste onto the postal site). I think FedX has a Sure Post -like system also.

Informed delivery is helpful for your everyday mail also , especially if you are expecting a new credit card or something important to be on the watch for.

Off topic a bit but I was pleasantly surprised today when tracking thru Amazon's own delivery of a dvd I had ordered today. I clicked onto my account and they showed a map of where the delivery person was , my house and how many deliveries until he would be there ! Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

USPS is awful. Pony Express was faster. Let the government get their hands on something & it goes downhill fast. This thing handing merchandise from one shipper to another stinks & just creates more chance of it getting lost or delayed. And now USPS wants to rise prices again. Maybe if they delivered good service but to charge more for what we get is not right.

Respected Contributor

USPS is the WORST and they don't care.  I use UPS or FedEx if I want something to get there in a reasonable time.  I only use FedEx for tax documents.  

Frequent Contributor

Heck with all that.  If its more than 2 weeks, call QVC and tell them you didn’t receive your order.  They can either refund your money or resend the item.  Than if you get your original item, its yours.  The Q is using this horrible shipping system, its on them.

Respected Contributor

@dylanfan wrote:

Heck with all that.  If its more than 2 weeks, call QVC and tell them you didn’t receive your order.  They can either refund your money or resend the item.  Than if you get your original item, its yours.  The Q is using this horrible shipping system, its on them.

Unfortunately @dylanfan you have to return the item if it shows up unless the CS rep says to keep it.  I have had items not to show up and when the Q refunds or resends the item part of the agreement is if the item shows up later then I need to put the label on and mark it so I will not be charged for both items!

Frequent Contributor

That did not happen to me.  They refunded me when it was longer than 2 weeks (this was 2 years ago) and I later received & kept the item.  Maybe the cs rep was new, but she never told me I had to return or pay for the item if received.  I would still let the Q know & let them chase down the item.