Esteemed Contributor

Re: USPS Wants to Raise Prices Again.....

Well this post has veered off course. Back to the subject matter. I do not mind the cost of  a stamp being raised by a few cents. Like others, I rarely send any type of first class mail, since the majority of my bills are paid online.

I have been mailing a handful of birthday cards in the last few weeks, but since I always get the Forever stamps, they will last me for quite awhile even after the increase in January 2023.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Well this post has veered off course. Back to the subject matter. I do not mind the cost of  a stamp being raised by a few cents. Like others, I rarely send any type of first class mail, since the majority of my bills are paid online.

I have been mailing a handful of birthday cards in the last few weeks, but since I always get the Forever stamps, they will last me for quite awhile even after the increase in January 2023.

@icezeus  So many veer off course. Just the way things go. There are so many political websites, why do it here?

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Think I just jumped in when it was mentioned in another post. Or maybe I started it, don't recall(oft spoken words when being interrogated).

I will say this in my defense(?). Every home that has had a mortgage in my name, has been on a USPS Drive Route. None of the drivers I have spoke with have seen an electric USPS vehicle to drive.

In a BIG round about way?  Gasoline prices recently have been directly connected to the release of our country's oil reserves, no?

hckynut  🇺🇸

Which still has nothing to do with the subject matter I started to discuss here.  I wouldn't do this to a thread you start, but feel free and enjoy @hckynutjohn .

@gertrudecloset 

I can only offer you another excuse. I really didn't remember who started this thread. I will blame this on one of my lifelong friends. 

Regardless of our discussion topics, he had a way of getting a segway, to his prowess with the ladies and boats. Sometimes, just the ladies. This also was with a group of us, not just our 1 on 1 conversations.

Going to enjoy your thread, maybe just not keep replying to the ones about oil

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Same here.  However I am going to buy some 60 cent forever stamps before the hike and hold on to them to be used like I have always done when the raise the price.  They can be used "FOREVER."  LOL.  @icezeus 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   You don't need to apologize for anything.  Here was the original post and you response was on topic....there is always a poster making remarks about politics. I enjoy your posts...just keeping it honest.  This was the connection:

@hckynutjohn wrote:
@ECBG wrote:

If gas goes up, USPS would need to raise prices, or they may not have raised prices last time.

@ECBG 

Hi there!

"If gas goes up"? To me it "has gone up/and how high will it go"?  Gonna quit draining out country's Oil Reserves! Primary reason prices went down for awhile. Now that the Reserves are at its  lowest number if barrels in 40 years?

OPEC + us gonna reduce output by 2 million barrels a day/The Saudi Prince says Nope/Venezuela says Nope/Russia says Nope, and Iran is a ? mark?

So!! Supply versus demand. Means up, up and away. Too bad no other country seems to care to help out. If only we had, never mind.

hckynut  🇺🇸

Valued Contributor

l wouldn't mind getting the junk mail , i know it's helping out the post office , BUT l wish they wouldn't plaster my name and address all over the place !  The advertisement usually has a filled in place to order stuff or get more information etc , and it comes with my name and address already filled in , plus it's on their opening letter , every where ! l have to go through and cut it out everywhere , Such a pain !  l don't like my information on those order forms , l once had a neighbor girl mad at me, and she ordered tons of stuff for me on those stupid forms , all to my house and all billed to me ! l got boxes and boxes of stuff with big bills and subscription set up for months of expensive stuff with big shipping bills and interest . The post office finally got it stopped . We figured out who it was by getting copies of the order forms she sent in and comparing writing . l just hate those buy now pay later forms .

Respected Contributor

I use informed delivery and check it every morning; some days in the summer when it was well over 100 degrees,  i didn't even bother going ut to the mailbox. I figured the junkmail could wait.