Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Wants to Raise Prices Again.....

Growing up whenever there was complaining about the cost of stamps my dad would always say:  "Try delivering it yourself for that price and see how far you'd get." He was right and even today that's true.

Honored Contributor

More political posts, "sneak" it in whenever you can
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I dont mind ther small increase in prices that USPS is proposing, afterall, everything else is going up, so their cost of doing business is increasing too.....

As much as we all HATE junk mail, with less people mailing bills, subscrbing to magazines, or sending cards, the junk mail provides revenue which helps to keep USPS going.  Back in 2010 "Advertising Mail" provided 17 billion in revenue....First Class mail brought in 34 billion, and even with that USPS experienced a loss....

I don't mind the cost of the postage going up either.  It's not really a big concern for me, as I have very little to have to mail.  That stopped being the case years ago.  

My post was not meant to bash the USPS, but to explain that the regular stamps are going up and to remind folks (who do) to stock up on the lower priced stamps @Spurt .  Really that's all it was.

Why politricks came into play and standing up for the price increase by a bunch of people (has nothing to do with the topic of this thread).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I dont mind ther small increase in prices that USPS is proposing, afterall, everything else is going up, so their cost of doing business is increasing too.....

As much as we all HATE junk mail, with less people mailing bills, subscrbing to magazines, or sending cards, the junk mail provides revenue which helps to keep USPS going.  Back in 2010 "Advertising Mail" provided 17 billion in revenue....First Class mail brought in 34 billion, and even with that USPS experienced a loss....

I don't mind the cost of the postage going up either.  It's not really a big concern for me, as I have very little to have to mail.  That stopped being the case years ago.  

My post was not meant to bash the USPS, but to explain that the regular stamps are going up and to remind folks (who do) to stock up on the lower priced stamps @Spurt .  Really that's all it was.

Why politricks came into play and standing up for the price increase by a bunch of people (has nothing to do with the topic of this thread).

@gertrudecloset 

Someone asked how much USPS made from junk mail my answer was from a purely finanicial perspective. This is similar to your commentary-- "General Louis DeJoy said in August that inflation would cause USPS costs to exceed its 2022 budget plan "by well over $1 billion." 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The cost of mailing a letter is a bargain any way you look at it.

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

Think I just jumped in when it was mentioned in another post. Or maybe I started it, don't recall(oft spoken words when being interrogated).

I will say this in my defense(?). Every home that has had a mortgage in my name, has been on a USPS Drive Route. None of the drivers I have spoke with have seen an electric USPS vehicle to drive.

In a BIG round about way?  Gasoline prices recently have been directly connected to the release of our country's oil reserves, no?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

If gas goes up, USPS would need to raise prices, or they may not have raised prices last time.

@ECBG 

Hi there!

"If gas goes up"? To me it "has gone up/and how high will it go"?  Gonna quit draining out country's Oil Reserves! Primary reason prices went down for awhile. Now that the Reserves are at its  lowest number if barrels in 40 years?

OPEC + us gonna reduce output by 2 million barrels a day/The Saudi Prince says Nope/Venezuela says Nope/Russia says Nope, and Iran is a ? mark?

So!! Supply versus demand. Means up, up and away. Too bad no other country seems to care to help out. If only we had, never mind.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   You are just repeating what you've heard on FoxNews.  I would not put much value in anything they say.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Think I just jumped in when it was mentioned in another post. Or maybe I started it, don't recall(oft spoken words when being interrogated).

I will say this in my defense(?). Every home that has had a mortgage in my name, has been on a USPS Drive Route. None of the drivers I have spoke with have seen an electric USPS vehicle to drive.

In a BIG round about way?  Gasoline prices recently have been directly connected to the release of our country's oil reserves, no?

hckynut  🇺🇸

Which still has nothing to do with the subject matter I started to discuss here.  I wouldn't do this to a thread you start, but feel free and enjoy @hckynutjohn .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Well, whenever a postage increase happens, it's always after all the holiday mail and cards have been sent ... usually January.  

If it was ever increased in, for example, September ... people would lose their minds.  It's just not as big a deal in January. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

If gas goes up, USPS would need to raise prices, or they may not have raised prices last time.

@ECBG 

Hi there!

"If gas goes up"? To me it "has gone up/and how high will it go"?  Gonna quit draining out country's Oil Reserves! Primary reason prices went down for awhile. Now that the Reserves are at its  lowest number if barrels in 40 years?

OPEC + us gonna reduce output by 2 million barrels a day/The Saudi Prince says Nope/Venezuela says Nope/Russia says Nope, and Iran is a ? mark?

So!! Supply versus demand. Means up, up and away. Too bad no other country seems to care to help out. If only we had, never mind.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   You are just repeating what you've heard on FoxNews.  I would not put much value in anything they say.

@KatieB 

About USPS prices rising! No, I actually get information from USPS, in my drive route mailbox. 

If you have information that disputes the USPS direct info cards with my name on it, I'm listening(er reading), type away.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)