Honored Contributor

USPS Shipping -- Fed Up with the answers I received from CS

[ Edited ]

To say I am annoyed is putting it mildly, I spoke to a CS supervisor and got no where, best they could say is wait to tomorrow. Mind you if an item is sent UPS I get it overnight, it seems that the package was at my local post office day before yesterday and today has gone to a post office 10 miles away.

I am fed up and this might really do it for me, no more shopping

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 9.34.40 AM.png

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Shipping -- Fed Up with the answers I received from CS

Frustrating, but I don't know what a supervisor can do beyond reporting your annoyance.  They have no real power.

As for UPS vs USPS -  there's virtually no difference where I live.  I've had a package from one of them arrive an hour or two before the other, but that's all.   I get everything I order 2 or 3 days before its EDD.   I know it doesn't seem to be true elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

For me UPS is overnight Philadelphia to Suburban NYC, but with USPS, it first goes to somewhere in NJ and then some place on Long Island and then maybe to be local post office, then this package went somewhere else

No rhyme or reason to why something goes where 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't mind the UPS to USPS too much.  My mail comes before noon every day.  UPS often doesn't come until 7:30-8:00PM.  True, it adds a day to the delivery, but I'm not often in that much of a hurry.

Honored Contributor

I just had a large order from QVC delivered in 3 days. No issues, no fuss...nothing. A pure joy of an experience. Meanwhile, an item I ordered more than a WEEK earlier than this huge order is STILL sitting somewhere in a post office BECAUSE OF THE SMARTPOST JUNK THAT WE ARE FORCED TO USED WHEN ORDERING FROM QVC.

THe ONLY reason this order came UPS is due to the weight. I remember when ALL my orders came this quickly and with such little effort and it's why I USED to enjoy ordering from QVC...now, not so much.

Kinda like what's happened to flying......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox

I feel your aggravation!

I ordered 2 of the same item (1 day apart, so they shipped separately) and the tracking yesterday showed them in GA (I live in GA), today it shows they are in Orlando, FL at 'UPS Mail Innovations' for sorting.

So they went past my state and I'll have to wait for them to come back to GA, then be delivered by USPS turtle express.

My EDD was today, I'll be lucky to get them next week.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The delay caused by the UPS/USPS transfer is the new normal it seems, so better get used to it.  It'll only get worse as Internet sales increase.  I can't seem to manage to get rid of all the boxes once they do arrive.

Take into account the longer shipping time when you need a gift or something fast.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

yeah, if your smart, ladies, get Xmas shopping up and going. Don't wait till Dec 12th then sweat bullets stuff for little Dotty and Mike may or may not make it in time.

Help thyself . I don't rely on anybody but ol' Ms. Shark. If I see something and I think that's good for my husbands xmas gift then I order in Sept don't wait on the good graces of QVC and/or postal personnel.

Respected Contributor

The problem is within the Post Office, right? There used to be a way to choose UPS instead of this Sure Post thing. I wonder if they chose a different carry, like Fed Ex, IF delivery might improve? 

Regular Contributor

They also lose packages I order from QVC. Next time I order I will tell them if they switch delivery to usps, don't bother.