Honored Contributor

Re: USPS Carrier With Dyslexia?

Our mail delivery is decent but I have noticed it gets later and later..we get our mail close to 5 some days.We used to get it around 11 am years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a box at the post office as do a couple other members of DH's family.  There is 1 number difference between us and one of them.  It's a tiny post office (the lobby is smaller than my LR) and they don't look a first names, ever.  We get mail for Bob, Jane, and/or anyone of their 3 kids.  They see Smith and figure we will get it to the right branch of the family.

Honored Contributor

I have problems getting the wrong mail and with neighbors on other streets getting mine. I also receive many damaged online orders. I have reported this multiple times but nothing has ever been resolved.

Honored Contributor

If she's as bad as you claim she is, why haven't you complained?  It's not possible dyslexia, that doesn't make any sense at all,  even if it were true, that doesn't absolve her from doing her job properly.  Maybe she drinks.  Maybe she's just a lazy, lousy mail carrier. Call the local Post Office and complain, give them examples.  I have to assume that others on her route have already complained but you cannot assume that.  If they receive enough complaints, they will be forced to do something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

If she's as bad as you claim she is, why haven't you complained?  It's not possible dyslexia, that doesn't make any sense at all,  even if it were true, that doesn't absolve her from doing her job properly.  Maybe she drinks.  Maybe she's just a lazy, lousy mail carrier. Call the local Post Office and complain, give them examples.  I have to assume that others on her route have already complained but you cannot assume that.  If they receive enough complaints, they will be forced to do something.

A few years ago we had the most wonderful carrier- for some unknown reason they replaced him with another carrier, a lady.. OMG she was a lousy carrier to say the least & yes many complaints from all the neighbors. Needless to say, she was gone and replaced with another wonderful carrier. 

Yes, if they have enough complaints, they will be forced to do something. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee