Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Those military colleges can really be a tough place to survive, especially if you are not over 6ft tall  or a woman. You best better be squared away and able to defend yourself physically and verbally or you will be eaten alive. I only know this because my friends son went to the Naval Academy and my husbands coworker's daughter went to West Point. The female said it was so stressful at West Point she doesn't know how she made it through.

She made it through because it's either eat or be eaten.  She's a survivor and she's strong, and she's a woman -- that's why.

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, well this is disgusting. The culprit will eventually be found out and taken care of. Getting into the Air Force is no joke so surprising this bad apple got in. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

From the Washington Post, quoting the father of one of the five cadets targeted:

“The word has zero power in my house. Zero power. The word is not going to yield a reaction. My initial advice to him was, respond with intelligence, do not react, do not get upset. You don’t have to defend intelligence, you don’t have to defend common sense, you don’t have to defend confidence. He’s fine.”

Respected Contributor

Thank you General.

It is about time our leaders take a strong stand for decency, honor and respect.

Being a bully is not what our country should condone from anyone.

Honored Contributor

I didn't hear his speech, but it appears he was passionate about the subject.  

Honored Contributor

The general was just so what we all need .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I was just able to finally watch the whole speech on You Tube. I am in awe of that man. What a man, what a leader.

The faces of those behind him said it all. Especially the women.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It was an inspiring speech. It makes me sad that it was necessary.

So true.

Frequent Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

That general is amazing, what a guy!  I just heard his speech for the third time today. He commands attention and is a fantastic leader.  There should be more like him.

His strong message was to respect diversity in all forms, and if you can't do that, if you can't bring people together, GET OUT.

Hi Noel7,

Very well stated, totally agree with The General. He's 

amazing. Need more like him.  

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Esteemed Contributor

I heard his speech and found myself tearing up!!  I have such respect and admiration for someone who can be so honest and plain spoken.  I hope they find the "offenders" and kick them out of the institution!