Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on this Forum.. I live in New York City. I don't know if this will be their Policy for the entire country..BUT maybe you should ask your Driver if you get a chance!

I was speaking to my UPS driver yesterday.He starts to tell me that UPS will be having a new policy.He said that they will now make only 1 attempt to deliver your package. If you are not home they will take your package and bring it to a designated area. He told me my DESIGNATED AREA is a CANDY STORE on the corner of Stillwell Ave & Highlawn Ave. This store was picked because it is open 24 hours. How crazy is this????? This store will be paid 50 cents per package.....I can see all kinds of crazy things happening to our packages..I can't wait to see what happens during the CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY'S?? If you're not home all your packages will be brought to this place and then you have to figure out when you can go and get them. He didn't tell me how long you have to retrieve these packages?? This is going to be very interesting!!

Respected Contributor

This will be a surefire way for UPS to go out of business.

Respected Contributor

I'll wait to hear this from UPS directly.

Super Contributor
On 10/4/2014 Pqfan said:

This will be a surefire way for UPS to go out of business.

Agree. Once a package is accepted by someone other than the intended recipient, that person, or in this case the candy store, is responsible for it.

What a nightmare - I don't imagine it will be just a few packages - does this candy store need business???

I don't know what UPS is thinking - leaving a package at an office at a complex is one thing, as our UPS person will do. But a totally removed drop site from your home???

Respected Contributor

A note to UPS: Please leave my packages at my local Papa Johns Pizza.

Honored Contributor
On 10/4/2014 Pqfan said:

I love the way you think!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor
On 10/4/2014 Sushismom said:

I'll wait to hear this from UPS directly.

I agree.

Respected Contributor

It will be interesting to know where our packages will be left. Thefts of packages are already up and was reported on our local news just last night. Maybe this is UPS' answer to leaving packages unattended when no one is home...trying 3x's only to get the same result. Since UPS delivers here so late in the evening someone is always home plus we track it online and make sure we're home. But, from May through Sept, perishables, supplements and even cosmetics don't fare well at all after sitting in a hot truck all afternoon.....so Qvc and other companies who don't give me good shipping options, don't get my business during that time.

Respected Contributor

At this point it's just a rumor so I won't worry about it or concern myself until it's fact.

Respected Contributor
On 10/4/2014 Preds said:
On 10/4/2014 Pqfan said:

I love the way you think!

Hi Preds!

They better not get sauce on my boxes either I won't tolerate that.