Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPS delivery after 9:00 pm

I worry about theft when they deliver after dark....

Honored Contributor

I don't like the late deliveries either.  My UPS guy often comes between 7P and 8P.  I prefer USPS.  They deliver my mail between 10:30A and noon.

Esteemed Contributor

I see UPS often 9:00 -10:00 PM in our building and around the neighborhood Fedex as well.   During holidays even later.  Amazon is here all hours.  I've picked up my packages 8-9 PM at night and then, notified by our concierge that I have a package early the next morning, often on a Sunday.   

Respected Contributor

Yup, they have a certain number to deliver everyday.  They have their route all timed out by the company.  Every delivery has to be entered and the time it took them.  Dont chit chat to your driver, company has given him no time!!

Most of the time, our guycomes at 3:30 if its after that, we know there is a substitute driver and our regular guy is off.  Pickups, delieveries they have to move and move fast.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Lately, UPS has been transferring packages to the post office here.  And there's a UPS shipping facility in my town.  (Not just one of those UPS stores.)  I'm guessing they don't have enough drivers.  I can't think of any other reasonable explanation why they would transfer packages to the post office.

It saves them money.

Honored Contributor

I would not like that at all.  UPS never makes deliveries to my home after 8pm, that's the cut-off time.  Not even during the holidays have they delivered later than that, thank goodness.  I've never had a problem with any of the UPS drivers, not once.

As for Lazership -- they have delivered at all hours, usually at night.  I've seen many complaints about them.  I have not had a package delivered by them in over six months.  I don't like saying it, but they were always creepy.  No uniforms, always a different unmarked car, packages looked like they were used for soccer practice, and they routinely delivered after 8pm.  Good riddance.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a UPS store less than a mile from my house. My UPS guy typically delivers between 6-9pm but UPS has a feature where you can pick up packages at a UPS store close to home for free. He normally delivers there around 10:00 am and I have my package by 11:00.  No more late deliveries. Doesn't work if they transfer it to USPS of course.

Honored Contributor

Wow! That is late. I don't think I have seen a later than 7 or 730pm delivery by me, even at Holiday time!

Honored Contributor

Latest they came to my place was around xmas time 8 think it was

most of the time 6:30

you got 'smart post', 'sure post', nowdays.

@Kachina624   all you have to do is look out the window for the big brown truck. Mine rings the doorbell and runs like a bat out of hale he 's not taking the time for nothing. He acts like his butt is on fire.

Honored Contributor

The latest I have ever seen was also about a week from Christmas and was just past 7:30 p.m.  We lived out in the country and the poor driver looked so worn out.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."