Honored Contributor

was pulling in my driveway and thought is that a UPS truck delivering...he was to my house 9:35 pm.

wow now that's service! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPS delivery after 9:00 pm

@homedecor1 That is a first for me ever hearing of this, even at Christmas I have never heard of this, I must say impressive!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears

during holiday season they deliver all hours! Honestly, my package was nothing important & the reg UPS delivery is usually 5:00-6pm in my complex.  

I was surprised as you!!!!

Respected Contributor

Christmas time sometimes around 9pm get the package. I am so thankful for tracking the package, they don't ring the door bell & had a package in front of the door so glad I tracked the package. It's 109 here in Az. hate when packages sit outside in this heat. Also we have people that steal packages in front of your door. I live in a nice neighborhood too.

Esteemed Contributor

Lately, UPS has been transferring packages to the post office here.  And there's a UPS shipping facility in my town.  (Not just one of those UPS stores.)  I'm guessing they don't have enough drivers.  I can't think of any other reasonable explanation why they would transfer packages to the post office.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I don't like that.  I live alone and am very wary in the rare event somebody knocks on my door after dark.  I'm signed up for delivery notification at UPS but I've gotten deliveries the past week with no notification. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Lately, UPS has been transferring packages to the post office here.  And there's a UPS shipping facility in my town.  (Not just one of those UPS stores.)  I'm guessing they don't have enough drivers.  I can't think of any other reasonable explanation why they would transfer packages to the post office.

@mistriTsquirrel  Both UPS and FedEx have the shipment option that saves the merchant a few pennies where they get the package to the local post office which then makes the delivery.  One is called SurePost, can't remember the name of the other.  Adds 2-3 days to shipping time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't like that.  I live alone and am very wary in the rare event somebody knocks on my door after dark.  I'm signed up for delivery notification at UPS but I've gotten deliveries the past week with no notification. 

@Kachina624,Maybe it has to be renewed yearly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel  Both UPS and FedEx have the shipment option that saves the merchant a few pennies where they get the package to the local post office which then makes the delivery.  One is called SurePost, can't remember the name of the other.  Adds 2-3 days to shipping time. 

@Kachina624  Oh, okay.  I guess that makes sense since the mail carrier has to deliver the mail here anyway.  I always thought of UPS and FedEx as competitors of the USPS, so it didn't occur to me that this would be an option they would embrace unless they had to.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

That seems so late to be making deliveries 

I think the latest UPS delivered something was 7-ish during the holidays.   UPS is on my street around 10 am and 5-6pm.