Respected Contributor

UPS delivered my package next door!

[ Edited ]

I've never had a problem with UPS - this is weird.  Yesterday afternoon about 4:30PM I  happened to be sitting on my couch watching the news and saw the UPS truck pull in front of my next door neighbor' house.  I was expecting a package Friday (not from QVC) but didn't think much more about it.  Until later I saw in an email that my package had been delivered at 4:30PM and left at my " rear door."  Well my packages are never - ever - left at my back patio door - always my front stoop.  I started thinking that maybe it was left at my neighbors' by mistake.  And it was - on their patio in front of their back door. Luckily they weren't home.  I hope this isn't going to become an issue.  Maybe a new/different driver?  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: UPS delivered my package next door!

Just call your local UPS place and inform them.  Until places are informed, corrections can't take place.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

At Christmas time our development was having a huge problem with UPS.

We had several packages delivered to our neighbors' home.  One package is still sitting in the local UPS office according to the tracking information.  We never got it.

Meanwhile we were getting other's packages.  Their efficiency was at a serious low.  We kept reporting these incidences, a supervisor would call, but it went on until the Christmas 'help'was let go.

Honored Contributor

Hit and miss for me. As I’ve shared before, if I have a “missing” package, more than likely it’s because of a new driver. I live on PLACE in a cul de sac but the packages are left at AVENUE which is a thru street.  It’s very frustrating but the Q has always handled the problem. Plus my Philosophy never left the truck according to tracking and that was over 2-3 years ago. Don’t know the outcome because tracking disappeared after a while.

Honored Contributor

You can set up your preferences at ups.com.  Mine shows that I want packages delivered to the back deck and that's where they always deliver.  

Honored Contributor

The only odd incident I had with UPS, was I received a notification that they tried to deliver a package that I had to sign for.  (I was at work)  This is normally when I order expensive jewelry from Gem Shopping.  But I hadn't for a while.  I was wondering what it was.  It was the $30.00 initial jean charm.  By accident, Frame (the jean company) instructed to deliver only by signature.  i had to call up UPS and tell them to deliver it at my door (as they usually did in the past)  UPS responded that was the instruction from Frame.  Grr....I had to come home early to sign for it.   Frame apologized via email.  Offered me a 30% discount on any future purchased.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoeGlad you found your package.

I don't think we'll ever see perection from any delivery service -  not as long as humans are involved.  We all make mistakes sometimes.  Overall, considering how many millions of items are being delivered every day, I am  just amazed by the huge percentage that get  where they belong.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Trusted Contributor

Probably was a different/new driver, that's the only time I have trouble. I am happy you were able to get your package!  L

Honored Contributor

I had a lost package...called the ups and they told me to check with my neighbors.I don't think that is my responsibility and if my neighbor received it and didn't bring it to me then I won't be over there accusing them of theft with my inquiries....not my responsibility to investigate mistakes.