Honored Contributor

Re: UPS TO DELIVER ON SATURDAY

Its funny, if I have dog food awaiting delivery, they deliver it on Saturday.  If I also have other thing there waiting though, they don't bring them also.   Dog food is the only thing I ever get.  Dogs are thrilled, me not so much. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have never had a delivery on a weekend. I doubt I will now, it's only in some areas.

DH and I have worked weekends and holidays our whole careers, it's nice having weekdays off to get your business done. Doctor, car repairs, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a different view of this...... A lot of people, including me, use Saturdays to run errands or participate in a leisure activity that takes them away from home......  So is it going to be an excercise in futility and all they do is leave their notice that they attempted to deliver and will make a second attempt on Monday......OR.....will they leave it on your doorstep an easy target for thieves in some neighborhoods, THEN after awhile, you can expect a rate increase because of the cost involved in extra employees and benefits etc....and all the expense involved in a business being open 6 days instead of 5..............

Ive never had a Fed Ex delivery on a Saturday even though that was the estimated delivery date from the company I ordered from that uses Fed Ex.....And the Post Office continuously talks about stopping ALL deliveries on Saturday to save money since they are operating in the red! So I'm wondering how much longer their competition will be doing this with the Christmas holidays being the exception...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've never seen a UPS truck in my area on a Sunday. 

I have gotten FedEx deliveries on a Saturday but again, I've never seen a delivery truck in my area on a Sunday. 

FedEx has 2 different types of delivery service.  One is FedEx Home and I can't remember the name of the other but one of them doesn't deliver on a Monday, the other does. 

I have seen USPS making package deliveries in my neighborhood on Sundays.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've never seen a UPS truck in my area on a Sunday. 

I have gotten FedEx deliveries on a Saturday but again, I've never seen a delivery truck in my area on a Sunday. 

FedEx has 2 different types of delivery service.  One is FedEx Home and I can't remember the name of the other but one of them doesn't deliver on a Monday, the other does. 

I have seen USPS making package deliveries in my neighborhood on Sundays.

USPS delivers on Sundays for Amazon.