Respected Contributor

Re: UPS My Choice - Great Option!

I just use the basic UPS My Choice, which is free. Notifications tell me where a package is coming from, tracking number and the date and delivery time window. When an initial UPS item is given to USPS instead, I am also notified.

So far, I haven’t needed to upgrade a delivery. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

My interest is just getting deliveries with USPS and bypassing UPS completely.  Always got quick and clean deliveries of my things that way.  @dooBdoo

@puttypiesmom

You do understand though, that this is not the case for everyone, right?  I live in the suburbs of a major city, and USPS delivery is slow and unreliable.  The post office can't even get letters delivered to the right house, much less packages.  But my UPS delivery is quick and efficient.  The UPS truck goes up and down my street daily.  So for some of us UPS is definitely the preferred way to get our deliveries, and UPS My Choice is an added bonus.  I've been registered with them for years. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I don't use it.  But I imagine the service would be great for some.

when my identity was stolen, and credit cards opened in my name, this is the service the thieves used. 

First they opened bill me later, then an acct at llbean, then an account at hsn.  I only have shopped once upon a time at llbean.  Then they ordered tv,s, leather jackets and expensive stuff from each company.  They ordered rush delivery, and changed address from mine in CA, to an address in North Carolina. By UPS my choice.  Strangely enough the only one who caught this was HSN, and they notified me right away.  They said the red flag went up after a new account made a large purchase, then had address diverted. They had merchandise returned at this point and I was alerted.  Ll Bean sent the products, and could not stop it, and didn't seem to care that it was identity theft.  No kidding.  They reversed charges, and as amex didnt pay on it yet they were out 299.  They had address of person but refused to pursue it.  Happens all the time I guess.  I called the sheriff in the town where the llbean stuff was dropped off, and he didn't care much either.

Honored Contributor

I use the USPS Informed Delivery all of the time. The red flag with the UPS version is why on earth do you have to enter a CC number?? To manage when a package is delivered?? Nope, I'm not about to give my CC number just to see when my package may arrive. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I use the USPS Informed Delivery all of the time. The red flag with the UPS version is why on earth do you have to enter a CC number?? To manage when a package is delivered?? Nope, I'm not about to give my CC number just to see when my package may arrive. 

@ID2

No, no, no. You don't give a CC# for the basic UPS My Choice. You just give your email address so that you will receive emails informing you when your package will be arriving, and again an email letting you know as soon as it has been delivered. There is the OPTION to pay for additional services - that's why some posters have mentioned giving a CC#. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

The parcel has a different type of tracking number because it was shipped by UPS SurePost.   That takes it by UPS to your town, then it goes to the USPS and they do delivery.

I'm positive that's what the OP was talking about and that's why her package was to be delivered on Saturday...by USPS.

And OP, you never should have entered your CC # because UPS My Choice is free. To change delivery dates or have your package delivered to a different address isn't free, it's $40 a year, unless you want it delivered to a neighbor's house that's within walking distance.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

My interest is just getting deliveries with USPS and bypassing UPS completely.  Always got quick and clean deliveries of my things that way.  @dooBdoo

Did you say QUICK? I must not have read you right.