Respected Contributor

UPS My Choice - Does it work?

[ Edited ]

Since our regular driver retired, service has been erratic.  Before, packages were usually delivered at the same time of day and he always knocked.  Not any more.

If if anyone has signed up for My Choice, do you like it?

Honored Contributor

Re: UPS My Choice - Does it work?

wrote:

Since our regular driver retired service has been erratic. Before, packages were usually delivered at the same time of day, and he always knocked. Not any more.

If anyone has signed up for UPS My Choice, do you like it?

Yes I have it.

I get txt msg when the packages are on the way and delivered etc.

you can track them

it' is worth signing up for all available tracking services 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

wrote:

Since our regular driver retired service has been erratic. Before, packages were usually delivered at the same time of day, and he always knocked. Not any more.

If anyone has signed up for UPS My Choice, do you like it?

Yes I have it.

I get txt msg when the packages are on the way and delivered etc.

you can track them

it' is worth signing up for all available tracking services 

I agree

Super Contributor

I use it and I like it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the input everyone.  Just signed up for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it because I got sick of waiting until 8 pm for my UPS guy to deliver so now I have my packages delivered to the UPS store 5 minutes away and they are usually ready for pickup by 10 am.

Esteemed Contributor

I had it for a time when I was working out of town and yes it works and I liked it.

You have to set it up in advance. It won't redirect or hold a parcel already in process and then you sign up for an account. You can avoid Smart Post if it starts off UPS by holding it at a UPS hub before it gets to a post office. Calling UPS won't allow you to do this. 

There are coupon codes online for 30 day trial for $1. There are different levels of service. 

Be aware that some etailers/merchants will not allow you to hold or redirect any of their shipments.

Honored Contributor

I have the basic version 

I think these guys are so over scheduled with all the online deliveries theres no time to ring the bells anymore, and I think most people know when their deliveries are coming.

Honored Contributor

@ Montana  I am signed up for it.  I specified that packages were to be taken to the access point, and not delivered, but that hasn't happened.  They come all hours of the day or night, and due to a mess up on their part, I have to sign for everything, which is a pain as I never know when they are coming.

I do, for the most part, receive emails of when something is to be delivered, but not always, and after it is delivered, but I know that as I have to sign.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I like it because I got sick of waiting until 8 pm for my UPS guy to deliver so now I have my packages delivered to the UPS store 5 minutes away and they are usually ready for pickup by 10 am.

like the UPS type of store not a hub or delivery station?

that's good to know