Honored Contributor

Re: UPS My Choice - Does it work?

wrote:

@ Montana  I am signed up for it.  I specified that packages were to be taken to the access point, and not delivered, but that hasn't happened.  They come all hours of the day or night, and due to a mess up on their part, I have to sign for everything, which is a pain as I never know when they are coming.

I do, for the most part, receive emails of when something is to be delivered, but not always, and after it is delivered, but I know that as I have to sign.

if you login and tracking you should be able to see when they are out for delivery  or is the actual delivery time inconsistent 

Honored Contributor

I like it fine.  Works very well.  I've had this for several years now.  

Honored Contributor

It has worked great for me,you can pay 3.50 to have the package delivered directly instead of transferred to the PO

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I like it because I got sick of waiting until 8 pm for my UPS guy to deliver so now I have my packages delivered to the UPS store 5 minutes away and they are usually ready for pickup by 10 am.

@Meowingkitty  If my packages go to an access store, they go the following day after 10-11AM.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I like it because I got sick of waiting until 8 pm for my UPS guy to deliver so now I have my packages delivered to the UPS store 5 minutes away and they are usually ready for pickup by 10 am.

@Meowingkitty  If my packages go to an access store, they go the following day after 10-11AM.

The access store pickup works great- when it works!  It works most of the time for me.

However, three times now they have randomly claimed that the access store was not accepting packages (when I asked about it at the store, they knew nothing about it).  In two of those cases, UPS called me and asked what I wanted them to do.  I told them to deliver them to me - they said they would but didn't.  I ended up having to drive 40 minutes to the UPS store.  (I live on the state line, but they don't send the packages to the city 5 minutes from me since it is another state but instead opt for sending them 40-45 minutes away- grr!)  The last time this happened before Christmas, they actually ended up delivering to the store a few days later so at least that one was resolved.

Note- If you order something like from HSN, that comes part way UPS and part way by the mail, they will randomly say they will deliver it to your house instead of putting it in the mail.  

I do like being able to use the My Choice thing to see the calendar of when my packages should arrive.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've had My Choice for a few years and have been very happy with it.  I like getting an email the day before letting me know that my package will arrive tomorrow.  And I love getting a notice the next day when it's been delivered.  If I'm away from the house, I can go home and take it in, then go back to the office, or continue with my errands.  No worrying about a package sitting outside waiting for thieves.  I also specified that I wanted all deliveries by the side door, which is much less visible from the street.  That works most of the time, except when the regular man is off.  Replacements don't seem to read the instructions and generally leave boxes at the front door.  But I still get that notice letting me know that it has arrived.  All of this is with the free version of MyChoice.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

In my experience it does. I also paid for the year of unlimited free upgrades. I use it for Sure Post packages.

I got a discount for the year, I can't even remember how much it cost me. Maybe $30?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Everyone’s needs are different. I have the free version of My Choice. I think I’ve only bothered to pay the $3.50 upgrade from SurePost once. It only gets my package here one day sooner, so not a big deal for me. There have been times I wanted to expedite a package that wasn’t Surepost and you can’t do it, which I really dislike.

I do like being able to track the package. My time window is always 3:45 pm to 7:45 pm because they’re supposed to apparently not deliver after that...hahaha. I usually get them by 7-7:30 but in November and December all bets are off and it’s been as late as 9:30 pm. We are pretty much the last stop. When you live in a hilly (which UPS trucks love of course), sparsely populated area you pretty much get it when they manage to get it to you, whether you’re a MyChoice customer or not. Belonging doesn’t benefit me a great deal.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have it.  I also have Fedex's version and I love both.  With UPS, I get text messages telling when a package is coming.  I can go online and track my packages and I can change the delivery date if I have to.  I get automated calls from Fedex that tell me when to expect a package and I can it online.  I cannot imagine not taking advantage of these things.  It takes the guess work out of deliveries.  Usps also has their own version too.