Contributor

Re: UPS Is Having a Sale On My Choice Premium - $19.99 A Year

Thanks for posting that info.  I saw it on the UPS site when checking packages, but didn't fully understand the benefits of it.  I just upgraded!  I'm sure for this year it will pay for itself in less hassles with SurePost.

Trusted Contributor

I had been a member of My Choice for a while, but only with the free membership. When a package coming as Mail Innovations was on the way, UPS gave me the option to have them deliver it instead of handing it off to the USPS. But the upgrade service was $3.50 per package because I did not have the Premium My Choice.

Well, UPS raised the rate to keep the package and deliver it instead of handing it off. That new rate is $7.99!!! More than double what My Choice upgrade options cost previously.

Those with Premium level get the same upgrade service for no extra charge. I just signed up for Premium at $19.99 and now Mail Innovations will always be delivered by UPS per my arrangements, no extra fee, saves the extra delay caused by post office mishandling and gives me confidence that I'll actually receive my shipments from anywhere. 

I'm so glad the Premium My Choice annual fee was cut just when the optional package upgrade fees were doubled.  I feel like I already saved money and accelerated my deliveries. 

Honored Contributor

Mine comes up for renewal in January.  Recently I got an email about renewing and it said $19.99.   I could have sworn I've been paying $40 a year, so I had no idea what that was but I went ahead and renewed it.

If it's a sale, I think it's excellent that they would give that price to people who are already members.  It seems like most sales of service-type stuff only gives the good price to new members.   Thumbs up!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Word to the wise for y'all who are new to Premium - 

Make sure you find in your settings where you can check the box that says to AUTOMATICALLY upgrade all SurePost shipments to Ground.

You can go in and manually upgrade items but if you have that box checked you don't have to go in there every time, or actually do anything.  It will just automatically upgrade.

The only shipments I've had problems with that, for reasons unknown, have been QVC shipments.   It's not always but every now and then a QVC shipment doesn't upgrade and I'm unable to actually process an upgrade.

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee 

It's already paid for itself with the savings.  Have 6 packages coming this week.  Automatically having them diverted to UPS from Surepost and picking up from the neighborhood UPS store so they won't be sitting on the porch. 

Thanks again for letting us all know.