Honored Contributor

Re: UPS Delivery Issues/Pkg Theft

I'll swap with you @sunshine45!  You can have my UPS and I'll gladly take USPS.  

I think we should create a thread in which we place on bets on how close we get our packages (IF we get our packages) to their estimated delivery dates.

It could be our own daily sweepstakes.  Everyone list if they are expecting that day and we'll see who claims bragging rights.    

Honored Contributor

I have several packages that have been sitting at my PO since Monday.

One started with FedEx, another UPS.    Maybe I'll get them by Saturday.

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@sfnative  That's unbelievable that your PD would turn it's back like that.  What good are cameras and watchfull neighbors if the PD will do nothing to follow through.  Obviously these thieves know they can get away with it.  It wouldn't surprise me if they would even steal the package right out of the homeowner's hands.

There was some of this happening around here (not in my immediate neighborhood) last year, but the police were diligent and caught them.  In this case, it actually was a young mother driving the car and sending her kid up the driveways to haul the boxes off the porches.  When they caught her, her car was loaded with stuff.  Can you imagine a mother doing that?  What the heck has happened to this world?

@2blonde

Yes, Our PD is pitiful.  They onlt respond to felonies and bad crashes.  Locally, they've changed the code to dumb down many crimes, so the police do not have an obligation to show up.  I believe that's one big reason why gun sales are up in our state.

No, it's really difficult to imagine that mother doing that.  The worst part of it is that she was teaching her children a skill, which they will never forget.

And, I agree.  The state of the world is extremely bad, to say the least.  The causes are multiple.  The fixes are nearly impossible, because we have generations coming to the fore who don't give a fig about our nation or a decent way of life.  Believe me: they will dig themselves a hole out of which they will never emerge.

Honored Contributor

I have so many Blink cameras around my house....well...can I just say I'm really tired of looking at all this (I'm running my hands up and down over my bodacious body).....

Unfortunately, a camera hasn't been invented that would ignore me and just capture others.  

It's worth it though to just delete the one's with me in it.

It's interesting the things a camera captures during the day and at night (lots of creatures).

I'm old school and I hate the way people help themselves to things that don't belong to them.  I don't think people get punished like they should....maybe there wouldn't be so much thievery going on.....just saying.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66!!  You made my day seeing you back.  I love you and I just had to say that.  If you've been posting and I've just missed you, I blame it on the alcohol.  It's been a long work day.  LOL    

Fedex supposedly delivered my music an hour ago.  I am taking bets on whether it's actually there or not when I go home or if they are just playing with me.   

And @Annabellethecat66, I am all about bodacious if you want to make a little extra money and do a 2019 calendar with us.  I think the 2019 posters of the QVC forums is a gold mine no one has touched on yet.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

You can also click the Delivery Options button on your Tracking Details page. There you can tell them exactly when and where you want your packages delivered. These options require that you sign up for their UPS My Choice membership which does come with an annual fee of I think $40. That is worth the cost if you have a lot of deliveries.

Honored Contributor

the least problems I have is with UPS.  I have never had an issue with them.  FedEx is anothr story.  I've had late deliveries, but the worst was when they claimed they left a package on my porch.  It wasn't there.  FedEx took thier sweet time investigating it.  Finally foud out it was delivered to my address in another state.  Got put on the wrong delivery truck.It was struggle trying to explain this with the company I purchased the package from.  Finally it got cleared up.  I don't think they believed me when I told them it was not on the porch.