Regular Contributor

Re: UPS Christmas Delivery......................

I just posted about an Amazon delivery peron who scared me half to death.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in an apartment and the UPS man always knocks on my door and leaves the packages. My problem is with USPS who leaves the wrong mail in my box. I use informed delivery so I know when I have mail. I was suppose to get something from my dermatologist but never received it. I checked by the piece of  mail never received. That was a week ago and still no results.  Who knows where he delivered it!!!!

Honored Contributor

Some ring the doorbell some don't. Now that it's Holiday season & they have a helper so they do ring the bell.

I have a Ring Doorbell so I can see what's going on out front.

I'm also signed up with Informed Delivery with USPS & UPS My Choice so I know what day packages are going to be delivered.

Usually the only time FedEx delivers a package is from Isomers from Canada & they always need a signature which I hate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the first year in a long time that I have had good service from UPS....they have two people in the truck; one drives and the other one jumps out with the package, puts it on the porch, and rings the bell. Perfect.
FedEx, however, left a package worth about $400 sitting just off my front porch in the rain while we were not home and no notice of delivery. Grrr. Am just glad we got home before the pkg was soaked. By 2018, these delivery companies should have the efficiency factor mastered, regardless of how busy they are. We all pay for their services, whether it is rolled into the cost of the products we buy or is added on as an extra fee....so we have a right to expect good service.

Valued Contributor

UPS usually rings my doorbell leaving the package on the porch.  USPS never rings the bell, I think it is against their rules.  Another little difference, UPS leaves the package up against my house at the back edge of the "porch" whereas USPS always leaves the package at the very front edge of the porch nearest the sidewalk, like they are unwilling to step up one step to place it in the back like the UPS guys do.  

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

I'm sorry you dont have the same conscientious UPS Delivery as I do. They sometimes ring the bell, sometimes not.  We have a garage and the door is up most of the time.  They will even put my packages in the garage on rainy days so that they won't get wet on my porch.  Postal workers and Fed X are the same way. 

I have a box on my front porch filled with individual bags of chips with a note for the delivery person to take a treat.  They work hard and even deliver on Sunday's.  

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama  My regular UPS man is a sweetheart and would go out of his way for you.  My USPS lady is wonderful too.  It's this holiday help that does not care or at least the ones I have encountered.  Happy Holidays!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

Happy Holidays to you as well KatCat1.  I hope your delivery will improve Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Today I was walking my dog around the block and noticed a tall box in front of a door. I rang the bell and told the female about the box -- and that there are too many people stealing things. She thanked me!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

They leave it on my porch.  I don't expect any more than that.  These people are only human and everyone wants it yesterday.  They are hard workers.

@Equuleus.. I have a small front porch on my home..just big enough to open the door. Anyone could easily steal my package/s even though I live in a regular neighborhood. I don't think it's asking too much for the UPS or USPS person to quickly ring the door bell. Sometimes the UPS person does but the USPS guy never does. It takes a second to ring the doorbell because it's right there easily accessible. I don't want it yesterday but if I'm out of the living room at that moment I won't know it was delivered and I would keep looking outside. If it's from the Q, I keep track of where it is which does help.