Trusted Contributor

I got an email from CVS today with a 33% coupon off one item to be used by 1/1/20.  When I sent the discount to my card, there was a notice saying that you can arrange to have your UPS pkgs. sent to a CVS store.  They will hold the package for 7 days for you to pick up.  You can also take pkgs. to CVS for return back to the sender.  Pkgs. will be picked up within 24 hrs.  Go to CVS's website to find a CVS store in your location that is doing this.  The.re are 3 stores in our locaiton.  Convenient service.

Trusted Contributor

Many Walgreens stores hold FedEx packages if you can't be home to accept them. I recently got a notice to expect a FedEx delivery from a merchant. I knew I wouldn't be home and I was concerned about "porch pirates", so I made contact online with FedEx and directed the delivery to be made to a nearby Walgreens. Later in the day I got home and walked over and claimed my package. Easy peasy. 

I do not know if Walgreens facilitates returns via FedEx, but I know they safely hold onto your deliveries. 

Honored Contributor

Great to know.  I have a UPS Package Store near me and across the street from them a Walgreens!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Walgreens and Target (I think) have been doing that for a while now and a lot of your local stores are also UPS Access Points, go to the UPS website and you can find them.  It's why I don't all those people who have packages stole on their front porches.  If they aren't going to be home why aren't they use the Access Points?

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Many Walgreens stores hold FedEx packages if you can't be home to accept them. I recently got a notice to expect a FedEx delivery from a merchant. I knew I wouldn't be home and I was concerned about "porch pirates", so I made contact online with FedEx and directed the delivery to be made to a nearby Walgreens. Later in the day I got home and walked over and claimed my package. Easy peasy. 

I do not know if Walgreens facilitates returns via FedEx, but I know they safely hold onto your deliveries. 

I sent something back to Walmart via Walgreens/FedX 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Walgreens and Target (I think) have been doing that for a while now and a lot of your local stores are also UPS Access Points, go to the UPS website and you can find them.  It's why I don't all those people who have packages stole on their front porches.  If they aren't going to be home why aren't they use the Access Points?

maybe because the point is shipping to one's door not a drug store or big box place,

Honored Contributor

Very convienent plus a good business move.  While you are in the store you will "pick up" that item you need, or see something else you like.  Good for sales.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)