Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE WITHIN: Idaho College Campus

The police responded to a report of an unconscious person at that house and found the victims.

Who called?  The attacker? Somebody showing up to visit?

They are holding back info which, right now, is a good thing since they are reporting that these students were targeted.

How very sad for the loved ones left behind and how terrifying for these young persons to die this way.

Angels Weeping GIFs | Tenor

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I keep listening to this horrific event and find many puzzling pieces. They said the door was rarely locked, so anyone could enter. The police said the killings look very personal. Two of the victims were sleeping. One of the other women looked like she fought for her life. The other woman might have been awake or not. 

This is where it gets sketchy. There were two roommate on another floor who were never touched. They say they heard nothing. The bodies were not reported until noon the next day if the killings occurred between 3 to 4 in the morning. The two roommates who survived were cleared of all charges. How is that possible you live in the same house, never hear a sound . Apparently, someone called 911 but has never been identified. Either the police are incompetent or the two surviving roommates are terrific liars. This whole scenario makes no sense. How does one person manage to kill 4 young healthy people without some kind of fight!!!

Does anyone else have some theories on this bizarre killing? Maybe they are hiding some details from the public but what I heard doesn't compute.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

elated, I am in full agreement with you.  This horrific murder is indeed troubling, and all the details that come tumbling in, one by one, confuse those paying attention. 

Sometimes it is wiser to strip away all extraneous details and look at what is close by and suspicious.  The two roommates who slept through such a grisly event... Stoned? Three sheets to the wind?  Don't know.  Guilty of the murders?   Don't know.  If the murders have the markings of being "personal" in nature, the roommates possibly satisfy that criterion.  Maybe there were grievances with the other four roommates.

The guy at the food truck and standing near two of the roommates at about 1:30 a.m.?  Did he, in fact, cover his face with his hoodie and/or pull down his hat and step out of range of a camera he spotted?  I read that somewhere.  If he did that, did he know he was going to commit a crime soon and try to prevent a video trail (although, admittedly, he was a bit too late to cover his tracks)?

Adding This:  I think it was prudent for students and, I hope, faculty to get out of that town early -- before being released for Thanksgiving break.  There's a killer on the loose somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read the two women were given a ride home by a private party not Uber. They don't know who the private party was. 

Also, I heard yesterday they called in the FBI. So now we go down another yellow,brick road. If I were their parents, I would be beyond angry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had heard on the news that those two roommates returned home by Uber -- and I heard that only last night.  This opens up the possibility of the murderer being the guy at the food truck.  Maybe he gave them a ride home...

As for the "personal" anger felt toward these four unfortunate souls, it does not work out in my head that someone had been in love with one of the deceased.  If that was the case, then why were three others murdered?

The personal element may be an alienated person's sociopathic approach to the world and not necessarily someone who knew them.  That person, full of rage, hates and wants to see harm done to everyone.  I hate to write these words because I tremble to think there are such sick souls out there.  But I know there are. 

Yes, the poor parents of those killed.  They must be in agony.

Honored Contributor

@elated I am confused about why calling in the FBI on this case is a wrong move.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I keep listening to this horrific event and find many puzzling pieces. They said the door was rarely locked, so anyone could enter. The police said the killings look very personal. Two of the victims were sleeping. One of the other women looked like she fought for her life. The other woman might have been awake or not. 

This is where it gets sketchy. There were two roommate on another floor who were never touched. They say they heard nothing. The bodies were not reported until noon the next day if the killings occurred between 3 to 4 in the morning. The two roommates who survived were cleared of all charges. How is that possible you live in the same house, never hear a sound . Apparently, someone called 911 but has never been identified. Either the police are incompetent or the two surviving roommates are terrific liars. This whole scenario makes no sense. How does one person manage to kill 4 young healthy people without some kind of fight!!!

Does anyone else have some theories on this bizarre killing? Maybe they are hiding some details from the public but what I heard doesn't compute.

Ever seen anything about Ted Bundy and the Chi Omega Sorority House murders?  2 girls survived the attack, but they didn't even wake up until he entered their room and attacked them.  He had already attacked and sexually assaulted the others.  He bludgeoned them which seems to me would be louder than stabbings would be. 

We don't even know if anybody screamed or anything.  The one that fought off her attacker might not have screamed.  They don't say the extent of her defensive wounds.  She might've just woken up and put her hands out in front of her but not have actually gotten into a physical fight with the attacker.  

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@elated I am confused about why calling in the FBI on this case is a wrong move.

I don't think it is wrong but just another avenue to go down. Hopefully, there will be some answers soon or maybe never. The killer could be long gone. They have no cameras in the area. A senseless killing of four innocent souls.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do you suppose students at this university really call themselves "Vandals"?  Quite an unusual mascot which doesn't evoke a positive image.

Not meant in the same way it is used now. I spent my first 2 years of college at U of Idaho before I transferred to U of Washington. The Vandals were a 5th Century European marauding tribe, much like the Vikings, Visagoths, etc. They were known for their determination and unrelenting nature. The depiction of the Viking at U of Idaho when I went there was a tough looking character wearing a helmet with wings. If you Google it, there are pictures of what they would have looked like and a history.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

It's really strange.  Google Idaho students - and you get Idaho student shooting or Idaho shooting.  But then the articles all say that the mode of death is still unknown (as police haven't released it.)

So apparently Google has decided they were shot - without any evidence as yet.

Just as the NYT has decided it was a crime of passion.

I am so tired of the media making things up.

They were stabbed multiple times in their chests.