Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for gift suggestions for hospital patient/family

[ Edited ]
@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I think you all have done so well in getting the family what they really need now, which is money to keep going during this time. I'm sure many are missing work, and it doesn't seem to matter how much money one has, something like this is a drain financially, which then adds to the worry and stress. So anything you and co workers and friends can do to help her family with gas, food, hotels (like you have been) right now, is the best gift I could imagine. 

Perhaps a basket with magazines, puzzle books pens and paper, so those waiting long hours at the hospital have something to entertain themselves. Maybe some small books with encouraging words and quotes or stories in there too, like Chicken Soup for the Soul kind of things.

I love the idea of all the cards, and posting them. Even if she can't see them right now, it is a comfort to the family to know people care.

these...

I recently got out of the hospital, and what helped me keep whatever sanity I have left LOL were sheets of crosswords from puzzles.com that the stafff kindly ran off for me when they could.  

Plus reading some of the mags and novels they had there.

As you mentioned, they're also appreciated by any family members or friends keeping vigil.

Hi @feline groovy !!  I agree with you and @Mominohio that magazines from a variety of interest areas like cooking, tv/entertainment, pets, beauty/fashion, interior design, etc...  Maybe also a couple of decks of cards and a set of dominoes.   

Good ideas, @Deb1010yetagain & maybe even a travel/other backgammon set.  8)