Super Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Healing thoughts/prayers for 2 y.o.

God bless this baby and may He make him well again. I'm so sorry. It breaks my heart when children are so sick. 😢
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I just read the article from the link...that is a very rough diagnosis.I will pray harder for him to be well.It seems that there is a cure if the problem is treated early enough and that offers HOPE

Stay strong little guy and fight hard....you can win.

Respected Contributor

That's really sad. I hope this little boy and his family will recover. This has to be hard on all of them.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

In my prayers

Honored Contributor

@dex

I talked with his Mom a few times yesterday and they put in the feeding tube.

Right now he's in a medically induced coma, receiving steroids to reduce the inflammation of his brain, as well as the anti-seizure meds.

The plan is that next Wednesday, they will bring him out of the coma and see how he does.

His medical team has decided that it will probably be 3 weeks before thay transfer him to Scottish Rites hospital, depending on how he does once out of the coma, so he's still at Emory.

They're telling her that it's too soon to know if the damage is permanent or not.

All of you have no idea how much your prayers, kind thoughts/words and caring means to myself and Trey's family.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Continued prayers for strength and healing @KingstonsMom.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I hope that on Wednesday when he is brought out of the coma,his results will be the same as my son.My son had a brain injury so your situation is medically different.I have to tell you that when they come out of the coma they can be depressed and their personality can be a little different. The experience we had though was nothing short of amazing.My son woke up and said he was hungry for hash browns...that was his favourite food at the time.I knew that was a sign that all would be well.The doctors told us that the brain can heal in young people's bodies....I wanted to say more but realized that I am not really one hundred percent sure of exactly how he put it.That time in my life was such a stress filled nightmare.I just pray everything the doctors do for this little boy that you love will turn into the health and healing and that he will be home soon.

Respected Contributor

Continuing to pray for this little guy.  Please keep us updated on his progress.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@dex

Thank you so much for sharing your story of optimism and hope!Heart

I too, have dealt with brain injury in my DD when she was 6 months old, due to a aneurysm.

She was at John Dempsey Hospital (University of Connecticut) with a 50/50 diagnosis of whether she'd survive, but she did!

I just hope that Trey's brain injury, being from an auto-immune disease causing encehalitis, has the same positive outcome!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.