Honored Contributor

UPDATE: HOORAY (😡😡😡) my "Priority USPS Box" arrived TODAY to recipient

I can't seem to locate my original post re: priority usps box sent 1/13/18 --- 

Well, today this box was delivered today 2/11 to the recipient almost a month from Tampa to Philadelphia.  I'm glad it was delivered BUT not happy I paid upcharge for "priority" it "walked" there😡😡😡

I went with receipt to main PO today to request a refund for paying  upcharge for "priority" --  nope, priority is not guaranteed! What??? 

Anyway, I'm not doing "priority" any longer the fees have increased YET the service has decreased.  Apparently, per Postmaster this box was transferred to another carrier service handling USPS/UPS overflow.

But since I was "complaining" in my original post wanted to just let those know who told me have patience, etc. it's there!!! (At least, before golf season up north!!😉)

Enjoy the the rest of the weekend!

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE: HOORAY (😡😡😡) my "Priority USPS Box" arrived TODAY to recipient

i think i remember the post. on the usps website it does say that delivery is not guaranteed for a certain day. if you want a guarantee then you have to send it express mail.

In most cases, the expected delivery date printed on your receipt or provided at checkout will reflect a delivery time of 1, 2, or 3 business days and is based on origin, destination, and drop-off time. The expected delivery date does not come with a money-back guarantee.

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

anyways, very glad that your package was not lost!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Good news....finally! 

I'm gathering this is something you sent to someone and paid priority and it took almost a month to get there? 

Were you able to track it the entire time or was it *lost in space* all the while?

I just opened an email response from a retailer that I paid from back in Dec (I thought it was in the beginning of Jan.) anyway, but never rec'd the products

She got back to me and refunded me my $$$ and is sending me the order anyway.  That is my good news. 

Also, because of ALL the blunders in the past month (over $225 in gift cards floating around---hopefully not stolen), I signed up for "informed delivery" through the Post Office.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

yes I saw that but thanks for pointing this out!

I learned it really doesn't pay to "pay the upcharge" & in my particular situation it was quite a bit more than 7-day ground.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

the tracking stopped 1/16 in area distribution center YET early this morning I received tracking info: "package scheduled for delivery today".

gotta love it!!! 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm  I have been receiving "informed delivery" from the USPS for over a month now.  It shows up on my email and shows the front of an envelope that will be in my postbox that day.

I didn't think I would like it, but I do, and I check it every day.  If it shows up in my email but not in my mail box, then I know there is a problem with getting all of my mail that day.

Respected Contributor

I would have asked for a refund too, @homedecor1. To me, "no guarantee" means they cover themselves if something arrives a day or two after expected, or in 6 days instead of 3. But they should be embarrassed about your package taking a month to arrive when you paid so much more to have delivery faster than 7 days.