Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

Interesting thread. Glad they are gone, @Shanus. Bats=bleccch. Not in my house! I'd be paralyzed. 

Yep, they are mammals. But they are not rodents. They are in an order of their own in the animal kingdom. Chiroptera. 

Read all about it:  https://batworld.org/myths_facts_page/

Not actually any more endeared to them, reading that page. I just know more about them now. Wikipedia really gets even deeper into the bat topic. E-nuff!

@gizmogal  Thanks for the additional reading material, but since close to bedtime and hopefullly pleasant dreams, I'll pass on further knowledge of my unwanted Chiroptera. 

COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!! Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Hope they discovered where they were coming in.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Isn't home ownership a joy?  You get bats in your belfry and deer in your veggie patch.  There are probably other things that you haven't discovered yet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

lol,.. Im certaintly not laughing at your situation... major creepers, to think of bats in your personal space... * yikes,.. but.. I wish we could get some bat regulars, to inhabitate where I live.. they can eat 1,200 mosquitoes an hr, and.. living on a lake.. - can I adopt your bats?  xD

Seriously,.. hope you get that taken care, asap, but,.. hope no harm comes to those bats! <3

Esteemed Contributor

Around here we have had neighbors with squirrels and a raccoons in attics .......LOL

Frequent Contributor

Natalie lol,.. grew up, my teen yrs, in my grandparents house,..attic, ruled by squirrels..they never bothered us other then the midnight rolling of nuts across the floors  xD

Them were some lucky squirrels tho..  lol.. Id have them blasted out of my attic, but, my grandparents, were exceptional souls <3

Respected Contributor

Re: UPDATE: BATS IN ATTIC

[ Edited ]

For 750 dollars, I would have made friends with them, lol

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

What happened to the bats? Were they taken somewhere else? @Shanus

@SilleeMee  I requested (before hiring) that the bats not be harmed. The guys brought cute little crate/bird cages and I assume the bats were in there and went on the truck to a place where they would be set free. 

That's what I asked for and paid for.....I don't have a way to know what happened when they left my property. When this service was recommended to me, they were my choice because they claimed to not harm the bats because of the good they do in nature. 

Bats are important in nature, but not as house-mates!

I paid $1000 last year to get rid of squirrels, now they're back.

Can I borrow your guy??

Trusted Contributor

We've had to get rid of squirrels in the attic twice now.  The exterminator says the tall trees in the yard and near the house provide a "freeway" for them.  Replace soffits, some guttering and insulation each time.  Arg!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus Isn't home ownership a joy?  You get bats in your belfry and deer in your veggie patch.  There are probably other things that you haven't discovered yet. 

@Kachina624  Lol 😂. Planning to sell within 4-5 yrs. and retire/downsize. Whatever is found will be next owner's surprises!!!!