Respected Contributor

Re: UNSOLVED MURDER CASE OF FLEDGLING ACTRESS KARYN KUPCINET

Andrew Prine was on Murder She Wrote a few times also.  This is an interesting story.  I would be interested in watching a program about this and seeing the cold case solved.

Honored Contributor

I, for one, would like to see some new, fresh Dateline episodes............This murder case would be a winner.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Good questions, @DottieBlue , about the crime scene.  The 2013 Chicago Tribune article said that an initial report at the time quoted a police detective on the scene, who said the apartment was "all torn up" and that there must have been a tremendous struggle.

Honored Contributor

If she sent herself the threatening letters, she sounds like she was unstable and making bad decisions. Most likely one of the guys she was watching TV with stayed after the others left and attacked her.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - I have heard of Irv Kupcinet, but knew nothing about his daughter.  She does resemble Elizabeth Taylor a little.  Very sad story.  

Honored Contributor

She looked like Juliette Lewis.

Honored Contributor

This is the 1st I am hearing about this, but it sounds fascinating! I just checked and Andrew Prine is still living, he was quite handsome! I also saw where he married the same woman 3 different times, and all 3 marriages were short lived........How crazy! I would love to see and hear more aboout this fascinating case. How sad for her, very young and very pretty!

Honored Contributor

Yes, @twinsister and @CANDLEQUEEN ,  it is very sad, and with a lot of different layers.  In some account that I read, they found truly heartbreaking notes that she had written to herself-- very sad and full of low self-esteem.  Clearly, her sojourn in Hollywood seemed to have exacerbated her already existing problems....